Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 06:31:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Marquez Vs. Mayweather
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Marquez Vs. Mayweather  (Read 1730 times)
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« on: September 16, 2009, 04:08:10 pm »

Me thinks this is a setup fight for Pacquiao-Mayweather.  Barring a surprise upset in which Marquez might score a KO, it's going to be the same fight I've always seen Floyd fight.  Wait for counters.  If they're not there, quick jabs and dodge.  Mayweather decision.  End. 

Mayweather, although very talented, is one of my least favorite boxers.  I HATE that style of boxing.  I like to see aggressors and action.  Granted, I much appreciate skill and technique but I despise the feather fisted bunch that simply wait or run-away the entire fight and hope for a decision.  The only times I've seen Floyd bring pressure is close to the end of the fights when his opponents are worn out from running after him all night.

I will probably still order the fight, simply to see if Floyd comes out different.  Hatton was able to pressure him enough to bring another side out of him I've never seen.  However, I'm not holding my breath but am sure as hell not ordering that UFC fight.

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:54:12 pm »

I am not necessarily a fan of Mayweather, but I am a fan of him being undefeated, no matter how he has attained the feat. He'll eventually get his just like all the other boxers who think they can retire then come back repeatedly. I would not be surprised if he loses this fight one bit. I hope he doesn't though.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 09:34:08 am »

I'll wait for the HBO replay.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:56:21 am »

Floyd peppered this guy shamelessly. Nice tune up... Wink

Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 01:04:10 am »

Yeah, it was pretty bad.  To Juan's defense though, there's an obvious reason why Mayweather didn't want to be weighed again.  The guy was huge compared to Marquez.  Kind of easy to be a bully someone when you're a lot bigger. 

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 07:38:15 am »

Yeah, it was pretty bad.  To Juan's defense though, there's an obvious reason why Mayweather didn't want to be weighed again.  The guy was huge compared to Marquez.  Kind of easy to be a bully someone when you're a lot bigger. 

Word. Floyd should try fighting someone his own size.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 02:09:15 pm »

^He could fight his own ego.  He would match up well with that, size wise.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 02:54:43 pm »

Here's a funny video that sums up Mayweather really nicely.  Don't be fooled by his undefeated stat.  There's a big reason for that.  He goes for the washed up big names or fighters smaller than him.  For example, Marquez had to go up 2 weight classes to fight Floyd. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzWE_Tv9a9A
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray