Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:53:27 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Oregon player punches Boise State player
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Oregon player punches Boise State player  (Read 8756 times)
BingeBag
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 08:53:54 pm »

Tommy, It's really a moot point since they came out and said they aren't going to press charges.

As for the fan that had him going into the stands. If you watch the video. You can clearly lip-read the guy on the left hand side dropping the n-word on him. You can sink that up and realize that's where the kid lost it again.

But beyond that, people make huge mistakes in life. I know I have personally gotten into stupid fights with other people in my life because of something verbally thrown at me. Cameras or not, it happens. You can't end this kids life for it. I think they are pretty honorable for keeping him on scholarship and allowing him to practice with the team so he still has a shot at the NFL.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 03:19:24 am »

Defense... California has that law so there is at least one state. Also words can hurt, which is why it is illegal to shout "fire" in a crowded place. You can be arrested for saying you wished the president were dead, even though you are not planing anything.
Hoodie... You don't even have to get that elaborate. Call a minority an ethnic slur and you will usually have a fight.
Jim Rome interviewed the Oregon coach on thusday and he asked ifhe knew what the other player said, and he said he did, Rome then asked if it was something that could have provoked Blount and his answer was he didn't want to discuss it anymore. Why did he just say no? It leaves open the door that maybe something was said and both coaches are trying to bury it so they don't have to deal with it anymore
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2009, 01:27:38 pm »

BUMP

They might let him come back before the season is over.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/10/02/oregon-blount.ap/index.html?xid=siextra_newsletter100209
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray