Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:34:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Are the Jets the new Dolphins?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Are the Jets the new Dolphins?  (Read 2110 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: December 13, 2010, 01:56:26 pm »

It seems like their season this year mirrors the ones that we had for a while.  We were good early, built a lead towards the playoffs, but then faded down the stretch and backed in.  We'd often lose a big game to a lesser divisional opponents near the end, and hold on just enough to squeak in, but only because of our hot start and because of losses from other teams trying to get a wildcard.

Then we'd get demolished in the playoffs early, and demoralized.

I see a lot of similarities.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 03:43:46 pm »

Let's hope so. In that same mindset ... maybe we can become the new Patriots!  Grin

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 03:47:45 pm »

Jets have a pattern of inspiring hope in their fans and then crashing it, like no other team.  I can think of a few times where I thought the Dolphins were gonna kick ass, and then fell apart, but not very often.  Jets it seems to be fairly often. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 03:47:52 pm »

the jets had a great run last year though!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 05:10:30 pm »

No, the Jets were never good.

They were marginally good enough to squeak out wins against the cupcakes on their early-season schedule.  Now that they have to face real teams the last 5 games, they will likely lose at least 4 of them, if not all 5.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 05:54:38 pm »

The only two teams with a winning record that the Jets have beaten... have also beaten them.

They are far from a power team.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 06:48:33 pm »

No, the Jets were never good.

They were marginally good enough to squeak out wins against the cupcakes on their early-season schedule.  Now that they have to face real teams the last 5 games, they will likely lose at least 4 of them, if not all 5.

Ditto, I've been saying this for weeks.  I'm in AC, NJ for work, it was nice today to listen to all the Jets fans at lunch crying over their last two losses.  They aren't too happy with Rex Ryan, they were wondering why he hasn't been concerned before now.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 07:20:17 pm »

^ It's simple.

Winning.

I'll remain happy all week because we beat the Jets, even though what I should be taking away from that game is that our offense is pathetic and our outlook for the future with this team looks bleak.  Finding a way to win games, even ones in which you play poorly, heals all.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 08:06:55 pm »

There's a difference between winning the way the Jets have been winning (by a narrow margin against crap teams) vs the way the Patriots have been winning (steamrolling everyone and scoring 40+ each week).

Surely you can see past the W-L record to see a difference.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 08:18:57 pm »

the jets had a great run last year though!

Should we be worried about you Tony? A couple weeks ago, you started a thread talking about GO JETS and now this. You ok, buddy? Wink

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 08:55:39 pm »

Tony is a closet Jets fan. 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 09:11:32 pm »

Jets were lucky last year. Got 2 gifts Week 16 and 17. One team actually laid down for them.

The Jets got lucky this year by escaping with lucky wins vs Detroit and Cleveland.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 09:43:35 pm »

Should we be worried about you Tony? A couple weeks ago, you started a thread talking about GO JETS and now this. You ok, buddy? Wink
THIS!  WTF Tony?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 09:51:13 pm »

Dolphins beat the Jets, and my Niners put up 40 points in a winning effort. I'm happier than a pig in slop this week.

Jets have been a huge disappointment, and it's rare that I enjoy the disappointment of others as much as I'm enjoying this one, mainly because of the effect its had on all the Jets fans here in S FL.

Or, with a bit of liberty on a wise man's words...

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of obnoxious New York voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I feel something wonderful has happened..."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Kid Dynamite

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 10:32:51 pm »

Or, with a bit of liberty on a wise man's words...

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of obnoxious New York voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I feel something wonderful has happened..."

That is the single greatest football quote I have ever read. I just posted it on my facebook page.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:36:38 pm by Brian Fein » Logged

Jimmy "The Snake" Johnson for the Hall of Shame.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray