Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:08:30 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Me venting about all the holes on this team
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Me venting about all the holes on this team  (Read 1626 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 07, 2010, 05:06:40 pm »

QB:  What's up with Henne?  They guy throws picks like AJ Feeley or Jay Fiedler.  And they always come at the worst possible times.  And Thigpen is even worse.

RB:  Running game has been a far cry from the way it was in 2008.  The R and R show has been nonexistant.  Time to get some new backs in there.

WR:  Brandon Marshall what a bust:  1, that's right, 1 TD CATCH THIS SEASON!!!!  This is what we paid all that money and draft pick(s) for?!?!!?!?!??!?!  What a disaster.  We never should have traded Ginn either.

O-Line:  Not helping the cause at all.  No holes for the RBs, no protection for the QB

Special Teams:  Why did we ever trade Ted Ginn?  Our return game has been nonexistant.  With somebody like Ginn, whenever you give up a score, you immediately get perked up because you know Ginn will have a chance to return a kick.  Ginn has the ability to change games with his KR ability, Nolan Carroll doesn't have the ability to change games at all.

O-Coordinator:  Dan Henning has been an idiot.  DUMP THE WILDCAT!!!!  When will you release that it has served its usefulness?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  You've killed so many drives with your wildcat play calling.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 08:17:06 am »

The defense needs some tweaking at CB maybe. That's about it. A MLB to replace Crowder. But seriously the defense is pretty damn good. Not much work needed there.

The offense needs a total re-vamping. Need a legit #1 RB. Need a #2 WR (and someone with SPEED cause Marshall and Bess are slow to average speed wise by NFL standards). Need a TE who can stretch the field and bump Fasano to #2 TE. And probably need an upgrade at center.

We need guys on offense with some speed who can make opponents miss tackles and stretch the field for us. We need some home run hitters and gamebreakers. Right now we have NONE!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:24:31 am »

QB:  What's up with Henne?  They guy throws picks like AJ Feeley or Jay Fiedler.  And they always come at the worst possible times.  And Thigpen is even worse.

RB:  Running game has been a far cry from the way it was in 2008.  The R and R show has been nonexistant.  Time to get some new backs in there.

WR:  Brandon Marshall what a bust:  1, that's right, 1 TD CATCH THIS SEASON!!!!  This is what we paid all that money and draft pick(s) for?!?!!?!?!??!?!  What a disaster.  We never should have traded Ginn either.

O-Line:  Not helping the cause at all.  No holes for the RBs, no protection for the QB

Special Teams:  Why did we ever trade Ted Ginn?  Our return game has been nonexistant.  With somebody like Ginn, whenever you give up a score, you immediately get perked up because you know Ginn will have a chance to return a kick.  Ginn has the ability to change games with his KR ability, Nolan Carroll doesn't have the ability to change games at all.

O-Coordinator:  Dan Henning has been an idiot.  DUMP THE WILDCAT!!!!  When will you release that it has served its usefulness?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  You've killed so many drives with your wildcat play calling.

I really admire your obvious love for the Dolphins.  The kind of enthusiasm that you show for the team is really cool.  But the never-ending Ginn love is kind of baffling.
As a receiver this year, he has played in 10 games and caught 7 passes for 86 yards.  You were referring to how much better he is as a Kick Returner than Nolan Carroll.  So I thought I'd do a side by side comparison for what they have done this year returning kicks. Not sure if this includes yesterday, but still gives a good insight.
Ginn:   Kicks Returned:  32   Avg:  22.9
Carroll:  Kicks Returned:  22   Avg:  25.4
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 01:31:42 pm »

I can't understand the Ginn love either. Seems misplaced.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 01:37:16 pm »

But the never-ending Ginn love is kind of baffling.

Dolphins fucked up with Ginn twice. He wasn't worth a first round pick, but he was worth more than a fifth round pick.  He is the kinda player you grab in the 3rd or 4th round.  The only saving grace for the Dolphins is Nolan was a great pick for the Dolphins that it mitigated how cheaply the Dolphins sold Ginn for.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 02:24:23 pm »

Dolphins fucked up with Ginn twice. He wasn't worth a first round pick, but he was worth more than a fifth round pick.  He is the kinda player you grab in the 3rd or 4th round.  The only saving grace for the Dolphins is Nolan was a great pick for the Dolphins that it mitigated how cheaply the Dolphins sold Ginn for.   

Okay, I can go along with this.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 02:27:18 pm »

I think that we got rid of Ginn for money, more than the value of the pick.  You can't afford to have an 8th overall draft pick that can't crack your starting lineup.  With Marshall coming, unless you SERIOUSLY renegotiated, Ginn wasn't financially viable solution.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 03:26:57 pm »

For some reason, every time I see the subject line of this thread, I keep thinking it says, "venting about all the a-holes on this team". 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 10:37:10 pm »

I think that we got rid of Ginn for money, more than the value of the pick.  You can't afford to have an 8th overall draft pick that can't crack your starting lineup.  With Marshall coming, unless you SERIOUSLY renegotiated, Ginn wasn't financially viable solution.

Ginn was the 9th overall pick. And the big money years of his deal were gone. Most rookie contracts are front loaded so Ginn was actually cheap.

Look Ginn had to go. He was awful and reports were he was lazy and didn't practice hard (Big O on WQAM at the time reported that from his sources). Ginn wasn't popular behind the scenes. So, I have no problem with them letting him go
tubba marxxx
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 11:19:20 pm »

Good point by Dolphster regarding the return game..

Look Coaching is the biggest issue here..No I'm not talking about Sparano..I'd love to see Henne/Marshall in a less conservative offense..how are you going to have a franchise quarterback that can't call audibles/works out of the most predictable offense ever?..new special teams/offensive coaches this offseason will do wonders right off that bat

Interior line (most specically at the Center position because it's SUCKED since Tim Ruddy retired) and Running Back will be the most pressing needs player wise..the R&R Express seems to be derailed (sorry for the obvious pun), maybe make a push for Mark Ingram in the draft, even if it requires trading up for him..I'm tired of seeing Miami trade down..(his dad played for Miami, caught Marino's fake spike..fun fact of the day)..maybe someone like DeAngelo Williams in free angency?..I'm just saying Miami is not as bad as a team as everyone makes them out to be..everyone forgets that Miami was 1 - 15 a few seasons ago..I feel like the 2008 playoff run spoiled us a little..point of the story is that there are a few holes..but not a friggin cave!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 11:39:19 pm »

For some reason, every time I see the subject line of this thread, I keep thinking it says, "venting about all the a-holes on this team". 

LOL!  Make that two people that think this.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray