Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:15:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Suh gets 2-game suspension
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Suh gets 2-game suspension  (Read 2618 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« on: November 29, 2011, 05:32:53 pm »

Everyone knew a suspension was coming and, IMHO, 2 games seems about right. It clearly wasn't in "Haynesworth" territory, so it had to be lower than the 5 games Fat Albert got.

Suh has appealed, although I'm a bit surprised. I don't see any way he gets a reduction.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/11/29/ndamukong.suh.suspension.ap/index.html
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 05:45:12 pm »

^^Appeals are usually intended to delay the suspension to a more suitable time to the team, not necessarily to get the suspension lifted or shortened. I suspect Suh just doesn't want to miss the next 2 games. Appealing will allow him to play this weekend I would suspect.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:47:11 pm »

Suh was already notified that the league would expedite his appeal and make a ruling before Sunday. And Suh stated that he would sit out Sunday if the appeal wasn't ruled on before then.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:40:51 pm »

I think a 2 game ban is justified and I hope he learns something from it.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
tubba marxxx
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 08:15:05 pm »

I think the whole Suh "bad attitude" rep lies squarely on Jim Schwartz.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 90% sure there wasn't any talk about Suh's mean streak or "dirty player" mentality coming out of college, so why the sudden character change?

Fast Forward to the stomping incident.  While Suh was coming off the field towards the sideline, anyone else notice how Schwartz was sort of agreeing with Suh's "bullshit call" claim? 

A coach is supposed to lead by example.  I don't need to remind anyone of the Schwartz/Harbaugh "fight."  So if Schwartz is the type of person to lose his cool, what reflection does that leave on the rest of the team?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 11:21:37 pm »

Good suspension by the league.

Do I think he will learn from it.....nope!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 12:57:26 am »

I put the "blame" on Schwartz.

Inheriting an 0-16 team, he clearly felt that the team needed an attitude adjustment, and needed to learn to play with an edge.  (Maybe he was right.)  In any case, this is what you get.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 09:25:02 am »

The frustrating part is that Suh is a dominating player. These fouls are things that are happening after the play. He doesn't need them in order to be successful. I think something in his brain is keeping him from realizing this is dirty play. He needs to speak with some kind of professional that can convince him he doesn't need to act that way in order to be successful.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 12:50:55 pm »

Just a little too much adrenaline pumping through Suh.  The Lions should have shown him some replays of the incident before he gave his interview because the replays clearly show the opposite of what he said happened on the play.  He was so amped up he probaly didn't realize what he was doing at the time.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 12:54:24 pm »

Suh was already notified that the league would expedite his appeal and make a ruling before Sunday. And Suh stated that he would sit out Sunday if the appeal wasn't ruled on before then.
Um, that makes no sense to me. Why would you sit out a game when you don't know for sure you are going to be suspended if you have put in an appeal and the appeal has not been ruled on? What if you win on appeal and you aren't suspended? You just sat out of game for no reason. That's makes no sense unless his appeal was to lower the suspension from 2 games to 1. I think someone got the story wrong.  9 times out of 10 appealing the ruling is a formality and usually it's an attempt to delay the inevitable.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:56:20 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 02:06:36 pm »

I want to like the Lions, but they make it hard.  They are assholes, and Suh is a great player, but an animalistic douche.  I think 2 games seems about right.

I drink your milkshake!
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 04:37:41 pm »

Lost in this whole thing is that Suh, who played for Pellini( who is known for his temper) was not a dirty player at Nebraska. I am curious as to what changed when he got to Detroit.
tubba marxxx
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 05:17:33 pm »

I want to like the Lions, but they make it hard.  They are assholes, and Suh is a great player, but an animalistic douche.  I think 2 games seems about right.

+1 on everything except the 2 game suspension.  I would've suspended him the rest of the reason. 

He just had a meeting with Goodell personally to discuss the rules of the game and then  immediately pulled this crap.  I don't defend Goodell ever, but this was kind of a "slap in the face" to him and the meeting.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 05:22:36 pm »

He just had a meeting with Goodell personally to discuss the rules of the game and then  immediately pulled this crap.  I don't defend Goodell ever, but this was kind of a "slap in the face" to him and the meeting.

That meeting was one which Suh asked for himself. You can't punish players for taking that kind of initiative, even if it winds up not being productive. Unless you think slamming someones head into the ground a few times after the play is long over and then stomping on his arm as you walk away is somehow in the gray zone that Suh was seeking clarification on, the rules discussed in the meeting were totally unrelated to the incident.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 09:56:46 pm »

The next time Suh pulls a stunt like this.....and there will be a next time......the punishment will be much more severe. If he or the Lions think otherwise they are kidding themselves. 2 games for this nothing. Get a strike 2 and it might be 6-8 games
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray