Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:41:02 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Become a Billionaire the easy Way (NCAA bracket talk)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Become a Billionaire the easy Way (NCAA bracket talk)  (Read 2898 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: January 21, 2014, 03:00:58 pm »

Warren Buffet and Quicken Loans will pay $1 Billion dollars, yes billion, to the person that can fill out a perfect NCAA Basketball bracket.  Contest starts March 3rd, no cost to enter.  The downside is you only get $500 Million Lump sum upfront, then 40 annual installments of $25 Million.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:14:33 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 03:17:12 pm »

^^^ That downside sucks. I'd never agree to that.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:32:04 pm »

I know the odds are against it but I am going to put my annual guesses into this contest lol!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 06:45:47 pm »

The downside is you only get $500 Million Lump sum upfront, then 40 annual installments of $25 Million.

No, it's a choice. EITHER the $500 million at once or $25 million a year for 40 years.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 12:05:28 pm »

Could I buy the Dolphins with that much money?

If so, I am getting my plans ready.  I've been thinking about the attributes I want in a GM and head coach, if I'm the owner.

I drink your milkshake!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 12:15:14 pm »

^^^^
If you buy them can you hire me?  Wink

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 12:15:27 pm »

Could I buy the Dolphins with that much money?

If so, I am getting my plans ready.  I've been thinking about the attributes I want in a GM and head coach, if I'm the owner.

If you buy the team, I would really like an entry level - even intern - position on your college scouting staff. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 07:26:41 pm »

There are a mere 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 possible outcomes to the tournament so if we all start filling out brackets now........

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:09:42 pm »

I thought NCAA tournament pools were illegal to do.

Anyway, there must be multiple perfect brackets in the NCAA tournament every year.  How are they going to decide who to give it to?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Landshark
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 11:13:49 pm »

There are a mere 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 possible outcomes to the tournament so if we all start filling out brackets now........

Marty McFly and Doc Brown would be the big winners
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 10:24:59 am »

If you buy the team, I would really like an entry level - even intern - position on your college scouting staff. Grin

And I suppose you would also be willing to scout for cheerleaders; and perhaps push for a subsidiary Lingerie League Team.   Cheesy
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 10:34:37 am »

I thought NCAA tournament pools were illegal to do.

Gambling is illegal in most states.  So most pools are in fact illegal (but rarely enforced).  It is legal to offer a prize if there is no entry fee.  

Anyway, there must be multiple perfect brackets in the NCAA tournament every year.  How are they going to decide who to give it to?

There has yet to be single documented case of someone getting the entire bracket correct.  There has been ONE documented case of someone getting the first two rounds 100% correct.  The best anyone has ever done in any of the public contest (Fox, CBS, ESPN etc) is 55/63.

Dave - If you win this don't bother buying the Dolphins.  Buy the Heat, as it would mean you have a phenomenal skill at assessing basketball talent, and therefore would make a damn good owner of a basketball team.... football maybe not.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 03:20:49 pm »

Gambling is illegal in most states.  So most pools are in fact illegal (but rarely enforced).  It is legal to offer a prize if there is no entry fee.  

There has yet to be single documented case of someone getting the entire bracket correct.  There has been ONE documented case of someone getting the first two rounds 100% correct.  The best anyone has ever done in any of the public contest (Fox, CBS, ESPN etc) is 55/63.

I thought somebody got it perfect on the facebook tournament in 2007 but I may be mistaken

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 04:14:05 pm »

The chances s of picking a perfect bracket are supposedly less than one in 9.2 quintillion

For those who get dizzy at the term "quintillion, the numerical odds are 1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808.

For reference, I believe you have better odds of being struck by two simultaneous bolts of lightning while riding a unicorn on an alien planet...

And yes, I will be filling out my bracket...I'm a firm believer in redundantly electrified alien unicorns.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray