Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:31:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ellerbee on the way out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ellerbee on the way out  (Read 3295 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: March 07, 2015, 11:19:58 am »

Miami Herald reporting Fins trying to move Ellerbee before Tuesday or else they are cutting him. So far nobody wants to take on his contract via trade. Fins will probably make him a pre-June 1st cut
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 04:26:10 pm »

Just got an alert that Phillip Wheeler has been released
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 08:11:00 pm »

I just got an alert from my "Common Sense" app on my phone that both will be released.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:34:59 am »

Word is out the Fins my re-structure Ellerbee's deal today (if he wants to) and keep him. But he will have to take a pay cut. The LB market is poor and keeping him at a reduced price is an option

I still think they cut him though
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 07:55:40 pm »

Well it looks like Ellerbee is staying in Miami. Per reports from the beat reporters the Fins don't like the FA market for linebackers and think Ellerbee is the best of the bunch. They want to re-structure his deal and go into next year with a LB corp of Jenkins, Misi, Ellerbee with backups of McCain, Tripp and Jordan as a hybrid LB/DE.

Makes sense and this does pretty much lock up the Front 7 two deep depth chart. Lets Miami focus the rest of Free Agency and the draft on the secondary, O-line, and WR/TE
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 09:04:17 pm »

...go into next year with a LB corp of Jenkins, Misi, Ellerbee with backups of McCain, Tripp and Jordan as a hybrid LB/DE.

What part of that group do you find acceptable? I see all six of the players listed there as being below average.

Makes sense and this does pretty much lock up the Front 7 two deep depth chart. Lets Miami focus the rest of Free Agency and the draft on the secondary, O-line, and WR/TE

It would make sense to get better linebackers. Miami has already shown it wants to improve its defense up front with the House of Spears (Ndamukong Suh) signing, so why would they limit their effectiveness by putting a weak group of LBs behind them?

Miami needs "at least" 1-2 quality linebackers in this draft, imo...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 09:14:55 pm »

What part of that group do you find acceptable? I see all six of the players listed there as being below average.

It's the best you are gonna do with their cap situation and what is on the market. They aren't gonna go out and BUY 2 or 3 new starters or DRAFT 2 or 3 new starters. Considering their options it could be a whole hell of a lot worse. Misi is solid and won't hurt you and Jenkins is a tackling machine. Just hope Ellerbee can get healthy and be decent again like he was in Baltimore.

Sure let's go out and add 6 linebackers total and have them all be better than what we got......now back in reality let's play the hand we are dealt and be serious about the situation
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 12:10:04 am »

Sure let's go out and add 6 linebackers total and have them all be better than what we got......now back in reality let's play the hand we are dealt and be serious about the situation

I actually said draft 1-2 LBs, which is realistic...not YOUR exaggerated - and unrealistic - 6 LBs.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 06:09:00 am »

I actually said draft 1-2 LBs, which is realistic...not YOUR exaggerated - and unrealistic - 6 LBs.

You can draft them. Expecting them to make an impact and actually play is being blind to the situation. We drafted Tripp last year and brought in McCain; how much did he contribute at Linebacker?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 08:07:10 am »

Aren't there 2 McCain's at LB now?  Chris McCain and the new guy?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 09:15:51 am »

Aren't there 2 McCain's at LB now?  Chris McCain and the new guy?

The new McCain we signed in free agency is a CB.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 10:19:24 am »

^^ hey, that's right.  Oops.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 08:47:54 am »

Jelani Jenkins is far from below average. He looked pretty good last season.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray