Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:12:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Russell Wilson signs extension
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Russell Wilson signs extension  (Read 3191 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: July 31, 2015, 09:49:51 am »

4 years $87.6 mill. No word on the guaranteed amount yet

Edit: Peter King now saying approximately $60 mill guaranteed
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:54:40 am by MikeO » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 12:51:38 pm »

Like Flacco, he's not worth it, but the team is much worse off without him so it had to be done. Hell, maybe even like Tannehill.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 02:04:07 pm »

I get exactly what I want.  I think that Seattle is hurt by this.  ...but they kinda have to do it.  By the numbers, I bet they'd be better off in the long run to let him walk, than to give him this money.   (On the field, at least.  It would probably be a PR nightmare for them and cost them money in other ways.)

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 04:53:44 pm »

Replace him with any other QB who doesn't screw up and Seattle goes just as far.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 05:34:45 pm »

Isn't that like saying "Replace Tom Brady with any other QB that doesn't screw up and the Patriots go just as far"?

Not screwing up is a pretty significant part of the package.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 07:26:54 pm »

Isn't that like saying "Replace Tom Brady with any other QB that doesn't screw up and the Patriots go just as far"?

Wilson screwed up royally the last play of the Super Bowl
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 08:11:06 pm »

I mean a game manager like Kyle Orton was last year or Alex Smith. They don't win games but they don't lose them either. I think Brady is far better than Wilson, even if he is a dirty cheater and liar.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 10:29:34 pm »

I think Wilson has won quite a few games for them, so I wouldn't agree with that assessment.

The Super Bowl play will always be argued, but in my view, he executed the play that was called.  If a CB decides to jump a quick timing route, the play is destined to fail; it's not like the throw had poor location.  I put that play on the coaching staff, not the QB.

If he threw the ball behind him or something, then it's a different story.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:32:28 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 01:41:01 am »

I think Wilson has won quite a few games for them, so I wouldn't agree with that assessment.

The Super Bowl play will always be argued, but in my view, he executed the play that was called.  If a CB decides to jump a quick timing route, the play is destined to fail; it's not like the throw had poor location.  I put that play on the coaching staff, not the QB.

If he threw the ball behind him or something, then it's a different story.

Well what somebody like Brady would do in that situation is call a timeout and speak up and say, "This play is a disastrous play call and will not work."  Or call an audible like he did against Pittsburgh over a decade ago.

A good quarterback will speak up when he realizes his coach doesn't know what he is doing.  Manning did this in Pittsburgh one time in the playoffs.  Dungy sent the punt team out on the field, and Manning waved them off.  They got the first down that triggered a rally, which came up just short.

That's what I was hoping Tannehill would do against Denver and New England last season.  Put up a fight with Philbin and say, "LOOK WE CAN'T STOP THEM.  OUR ONLY HOPE OF WINNING THE GAME IS TO GO FOR IT!!"

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 12:55:39 pm »

He isn't that good but Seattle had no choice. His conference champ game last year was a turd too
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 12:59:30 pm »

He isn't that good but Seattle had no choice. His conference champ game last year was a turd too

He was the reason they needed a miracle late comeback in that game vs GB, till the final few minutes he was beyond bad in that game. Then he throws an INT to cost his team the SB.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 07:53:37 pm »

I think he meant play like Trent Dilfer

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 11:21:43 am »

I'll take having the problem of having to overpay your QB over not having a QB any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Half the teams in the league would love to pay that amount to Wilson to be their QB.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray