Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 06:24:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Congratulations to the Cleveland Browns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Congratulations to the Cleveland Browns  (Read 2862 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: December 24, 2016, 06:32:51 pm »

Over my many years as a Dolphins fan, the one time I actually had tears of joy was in 2007, when the 0-13 Dolphins beat Baltimore and avoided a winless season.  I'm sure Browns fans are feeling something similar today, and I'm happy for them.

Although this has certainly been a terrible season for the Browns, this statement rings as true today as it did when it was made several years ago:

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 09:37:19 pm »

That game probably saved Hue Jackson's job.  And it probably cost Mike McCoy his.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 11:29:22 pm »

I hate to see any team be as miserable as they have been unless they are the Jets. I'm glad they got a victory today.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 05:15:02 am »

That game probably saved Hue Jackson's job.  And it probably cost Mike McCoy his.

They weren't firing Hue Jackson. They got rid of everyone and were a glorified expansion team this year. They all but told Hue that before the season and he still took the job over other offers he had.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 07:16:52 am »

Over my many years as a Dolphins fan, the one time I actually had tears of joy was in 2007, when the 0-13 Dolphins beat Baltimore and avoided a winless season.

Me too.  I was at that game and I totally welled up when we lot it.  I would never thought that I would have become emotional.  Sports is weird.

I drink your milkshake!
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 08:36:10 pm »

I Wanna forget 2007. 😂😂 

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 10:05:06 pm »

They weren't firing Hue Jackson. They got rid of everyone and were a glorified expansion team this year. They all but told Hue that before the season and he still took the job over other offers he had.

You can say that until you're blue in the face but any time you go 0-16, it justifies a firing

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 10:49:13 pm »

You can say that until you're blue in the face but any time you go 0-16, it justifies a firing

They weren't going to fire him
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 10:50:54 pm »

Yeah, he wasn't going to be fired. The Browns are so bad they could go 0-17 and no one would be shocked. Now, things may change if he is 1-15 again next year.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 11:03:36 pm »

Yeah, he wasn't going to be fired. The Browns are so bad they could go 0-17 and no one would be shocked. Now, things may change if he is 1-15 again next year.

When they hired Hue he was on board with the gutting of the roster and knowing this was a total rebuild. That team came close many many times to winning, it's not like they weren't competitive many weeks. He was offered to stay in Cincy and replace Marvin Lewis in a year or two but the Browns gave him so much power over the roster and such that he took it. He can't be at 0,1, or 2 wins forever obviously. But he was never in any danger of being fired now. They brought him in to clean house and rebuild, he is getting a couple years if not more.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 09:32:40 am »

Over my many years as a Dolphins fan, the one time I actually had tears of joy was in 2007, when the 0-13 Dolphins beat Baltimore and avoided a winless season.  I'm sure Browns fans are feeling something similar today, and I'm happy for them.

Funny that you should say that.  When the Browns won last weekend, I told my wife that I had an unexpected sports cry come over me in 2007 when the Dolphins got that win.  I can still hear Jim Mandich's voice yelling, "I love you Greg Camarillo" when he caught that pass.  LOL

Good for the Browns.  I wouldn't wish a winless season on anyone.  Well, maybe the Jets.   Grin
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 10:12:23 am »

Although this has certainly been a terrible season for the Browns, this statement rings as true today as it did when it was made several years ago:

Browns shouldn't have been a 0-16 team this year, hell they should have beaten us if it wasn't for a shit kicker who got fired soon after. I think justice was done.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray