Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 10:44:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What are you watching? 3/4/2021
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are you watching? 3/4/2021  (Read 1074 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: March 04, 2021, 08:23:02 am »

TV:
The West Wing - almost done...in the last season)
Seinfeld - Started a season 1 rewatch.  I've seen almost all of these episodes, but binging them in order is a different feel.  I didn't realize how many threads weaved from episode to episode.
Schitt's Creek - My wife really likes this show.  We're on season 4, I think.  It's got uneven characters and the type of humor is hit and miss for me, IMO, but it's very sweet when it wants to be and some of the characters and stories are great.

Movies:
Fast
Furious
Faster
Furiouser
Fastest
Furioustest

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 09:58:16 am »

TV:
--West Wing was a pretty good show, we finished that a couple months back.  Schitt's Creek my wife watched all of, I didn't like it as much.  You're right, very hit or miss.
--We finished up Silicon Valley a couple weeks ago.  I liked it a lot, good show.
--We finished Making a Murder a few days ago.  I'm pretty sure Steven and Brendan are innocent.
--WandaVision started borderline unwatchable, but has really turned the corner the last few episodes.
--All American - I refer to this as African American Dawson's Creek.  Kind of a guilty pleasure.  The first couple of seasons were decent, it's getting kind of bad now.  Football prodigy lives in a bad neighborhood, his coach was from the same neighborhood and became an NFL player, now he's a high school coach for the Beverly Hills team.  He lives with his coach and two kids who are his age and drama ensues, with the added effect of football.
--Prodigal Son - Typical "who's the murder" each episode, which is pretty predictable, with an overarching story line that progresses each episode.  Son was an FBI profiler, his dad was a notorious serial killer (best character in the show) who's in jail and he visits a lot for insight on his cases.  The son has issues, fights being like his dad, blah blah
--American Gods - I don't like the current season very much, it needs to pick up already.  Kind of slow.
--The Sinner season 2 - I hated season one, it was really bad.  Season two isn't as bad though, different cast with the President from Independence day (he's a detective in this show) being the only hold over.  

Movies:

My wife had never seen The Godfather, so we watched 1 and 2 recently.  I was happy to see she liked them a lot.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 01:53:34 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 11:45:36 am »

Community, Night Court, Frasier

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 01:37:25 pm »

WandaVision. Very strange  concept for Marvel.
American  Gods.  I feel very similar Tenshot.
Snowfall. I've been waiting for this to come back.
Ken Burns Vietnam. I watch it and eventually fall asleep then go back to what I remember again the  next night.

I'm not watching any movies right now. Nothing looks interesting.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 02:10:28 pm »

--We finished Making a Murder a few days ago.  I'm pretty sure Steven and Brendan are innocent.
Brendan might be, Steven is as guilty as they get. Hard to tell with Brendan, he was talked into a confession, but that doesn't mean he didn't know anything. Other than the evidence was planted what is Steven's defense? Don't forget that the victims vehicle was found on his lot not by the police but by someone who was looking for the woman. Were they also in on planting the evidence? So the police put her car there with her blood for someone else to find? Why wouldn't they just "find" it themselves? And how did they get her car in the first place? Did they kill the victim to set him up? How did they know she had a meeting with Steven? Did they just see her pulling away from Steven's house and thought she would make a good victim? Or was she found dead somewhere by the police and they just moved the car and her? So if that's the case did they burn her up in the back yard too? Why not just put her in the car to be found? Why burn her up when it's much better if you have an actual body to be found. Gonna take a good long time to burn someone up and then plant the evidence, why go through all that trouble? And if the police didn't kill her then who killed her? C'mon man, you're buying this? Just because he said he was innocent the first conviction and he was actually telling the truth that time? One of the ONLY times in his life he was actually telling the truth? The guy is a pathological liar which probably played at least a small role in his first conviction. No one believed him.

Did you watch the 2nd part of it too with the new lawyer? If not, don't waste your time, it's boring as hell. All of her "theories" are just pure speculation, there's no real evidence there whatsoever. I mean she's good and all at coming up with speculation on how it could have happened, but unless you have some actual evidence to back it up it's meaningless.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 02:55:54 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 02:40:22 pm »

My brother recommended a show to me called "Victorian Farm".  It's from 2002, it's British.  It's a documentary (or maybe you'd call it a reality show) where three historians go live on a Victorian Farm and run it with only equipment and tools from the era.  They live there for a year and grow and can their own food.  Pretty much everything they do requires an expert to come in and show then, since they don't automatically know how to use a horse-driven plow from the 1800s or run a coal stove.

It's pretty amazing, but it also looks like it totally sucks.

I've only watched one episode so far, but I'm intrigued.  There is a whole series where they jump to different time periods and live in those eras.

Available on Amazon Prime.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray