Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 02:07:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Senior bowl this week
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Senior bowl this week  (Read 1250 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: January 31, 2022, 11:53:37 am »

Wonder if our new coach is out there scouting? Really seems like it would have been good to have had a coaching staff by now.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 12:01:07 pm »

Games like the Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl need to be abolished even more so than the Pro Bowl does.   With the way college football is nowadays, the ultra talented players that get taken in the top rounds don't make it to their senior year.   You're basically seeing second tier guys trying desperately to get game tape for NFL scouts.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 12:12:29 pm »

Games like the Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl need to be abolished even more so than the Pro Bowl does.   With the way college football is nowadays, the ultra talented players that get taken in the top rounds don't make it to their senior year.   You're basically seeing second tier guys trying desperately to get game tape for NFL scouts.
Not sure what you mean. Even recently players like Justin Herbert, Jordon Love, Deebo Samuel, Daniel Jones, and many other starters in the NFL have played in the Senior Bowl.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 11:34:11 pm »

There's about 15 or 20 other college bowl games that should be abolished before these two games.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 07:40:28 am »

There's about 15 or 20 other college bowl games that should be abolished before these two games.

You're right about this too.   Two 6-6 teams playing in a daytime game in the middle of the week in front of 5,000 fans not a good environment.   Plus the quality of football in those games is lacking, which is why they are 6-6 to begin with.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 10:27:22 am »

I love watching all of these games, plus the Combine and the individual Pro Days. Anything that gives me a better look at players that I may not have seen very often during their college games is good by me.

I especially like it when the 49ers/Dolphins get to coach one of the teams in these all-star games. Closer looks are better looks, and information is power when it comes to the draft.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 10:38:07 am »

Wonder if our new coach is out there scouting? Really seems like it would have been good to have had a coaching staff by now.

Possibly, unless they are on the Bengals or Rams staff, they are likely scouting the game.  Might be looking at it slightly differently (e.g. what players would be good for the 49ers offense)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray