Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 05:09:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Kiliff Kingsbury
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kiliff Kingsbury  (Read 1114 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: January 16, 2023, 02:47:05 pm »

Funny to me that he bought a one way ticket to Thailand and has turned down offers to interview for other jobs. Some are now saying there could be a caviot in his contract allowing the owner to not pay him his remaining money if he doesn't pursue other opportunities. I've never heard of that but it would suck for him if true.

BTW ... is it me or does the whole "Thailand" thing suggest some inappropriate behavior and debauchery is ahead for him? hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 05:05:07 pm »

Funny to me that he bought a one way ticket to Thailand and has turned down offers to interview for other jobs. Some are now saying there could be a caviot in his contract allowing the owner to not pay him his remaining money if he doesn't pursue other opportunities.
I don't think that's even possible?  It's incredibly dumb of him to sign such a contract, if true.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 07:21:46 pm »

Haha. If I was rich I’d probably just bounce to Thailand as well
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 07:54:47 pm »

Funny to me that he bought a one way ticket to Thailand and has turned down offers to interview for other jobs. Some are now saying there could be a caviot in his contract allowing the owner to not pay him his remaining money if he doesn't pursue other opportunities. I've never heard of that but it would suck for him if true.

BTW ... is it me or does the whole "Thailand" thing suggest some inappropriate behavior and debauchery is ahead for him? hahaha

If such a clause existed, he would not be going to Thailand. No one loves Ladyboys more than 5 years of guaranteed Head Coach salary.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 10:56:17 pm »

Maybe Kingsbury looked around the league at the crappy HC positions available and just said "Aw, Phuket!"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 08:39:42 am »

Maybe Kingsbury looked around the league at the crappy HC positions available and just said "Aw, Phuket!"

Same reason Jim Harbaugh is going back to Michigan. People hype up the Denver job for some reason, but they have little draft capital and if Wilson is washed, you're stuck with him for years. In a tough division, no less. Colts have a crazy owner. Cardinals are circling the drain and Kyler Murray is a problem, not a solution. Just not a lot of good positions open and I think it's much less this year overall than normally.

Now, if the Chargers fire their idiot Head Coach for getting Mike William and Bosa hurt in a meaningless Week 18 game and then choking away a 27-0 lead, that would be a good job opening.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 04:19:49 am »

Funny to me that he bought a one way ticket to Thailand and has turned down offers to interview for other jobs. Some are now saying there could be a caveat in his contract allowing the owner to not pay him his remaining money if he doesn't pursue other opportunities. I've never heard of that but it would suck for him if true.

Yes it does, but I think it's just a throwaway line.

They had a laugh at this on a local NFL TV show here, and then added that you cannot get a one-way trip to Thailand with a tourist visa so it's pretty unlikely.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray