Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 03:09:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Alternate Mount Rushmore Coaches
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Alternate Mount Rushmore Coaches  (Read 2462 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2023, 01:36:52 pm »

Switzer is generally hated by Dallas fans, as I understand it.....as a bum who just won with another guy's players.

I don't follow the Cowboys or Switzer, but that's the narrative.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2023, 06:43:41 pm »

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some Cowboys fans that consider Switzer one of the worst coaches in Cowboys history.
I would say they are even crazier than Dolphins fans who consider Wanny one of the worst coaches in Miami.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2023, 07:32:27 pm »

Slightly OT, but I missed this one:
When you can say Barry Switzer "squandered his team" because he only won ONE Super Bowl, the expectations game has spiraled out of control.

Continuing OT

Switzer was handed the defending Super Bowl champions.  He was largely responsible for their failure to three-peat.  In the NFC title game that year, he stupidly chose not to run out the clock at the end of the first half, allowing SF to score to make the score 31-14.

Then, with his team rallying, he committed a personal foul after a non-PI call on Deion Sanders.  This ended the drive and the Cowboys chances to comeback.

So it would be reasonable to say he squandered the team in 1994, his first season.

Then again, the refs in that game were at the time, the most horrid of all time. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 07:40:47 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2023, 12:05:12 am »

I am absolutely floored in trying to figure out your brain. Do you actually remember that minutia or do you look it up to prove a point. It could be absolute bullshit and I still don't know. The fucking halftime score of an NFC championship game I barely remember happened. WTF.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray