Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 03:01:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Chargers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Chargers  (Read 1724 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 10, 2023, 07:41:32 pm »

The whole defense.

If I have to pick one player on the defense it would be X

Sanders for the missed PAT, too

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 07:45:50 pm »

I agree.  The defense as a whole played like shit
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 07:52:23 pm »

I'm not as down on X as some. He always plays on the edge of what is allowed and today the calls didn't go his way.

I'm giving mine to Connor. Arguments could be made for the O-line coach since this has been going on all preseason, but the rest of the line played some great ball. Sure, there was a ton of pressure, but Tua evaded pretty much all of it and the plays called for some really quick releases. That's still head and shoulders above what I expected.

I did expect the bad snaps, however.

HM to Sanders. Can't miss extra points.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 07:54:53 pm »

Whole defense, they were really bad except for the last drive.

HM to Sanders who may not survive the season as our kicker if he costs us a game.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 09:25:16 pm »

Vic Fangio.
The stop on the last drive was important, but you can't put that much pressure on the offense to score on every possession.  The run defense was simply embarrassing.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2023, 12:18:53 pm »

Vic Fangio.
The stop on the last drive was important, but you can't put that much pressure on the offense to score on every possession.  The run defense was simply embarrassing.

Well, on the flip side. Last year we stopped the run pretty well and got lit up in the secondary often. Given the choice, I'd rather make the other team beat me with the run. So I think this is by design. Not to mention it was the first game in a new scheme with a new DC. Things should get better with time.

I'll have to pick sanders for missing that extra point. That could have been huge

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2023, 01:38:31 pm »

200+ yards on the ground is just unacceptable IMO.
I recognize that Ramsey is one of the best run stoppers at his position and that's a key piece Fangio is missing, but Josh Boyer coached a MUCH better defensive game last year than Fangio did yesterday.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2023, 03:15:35 pm »

Sanders - you just can't miss that kick at the end of the game to go up three.  Thankfully the defense started blitzing and it paid off; otherwise this could have been a heart breaking loss that would carry over to this week,
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2023, 07:52:25 am »

Dolphins whole front line get my vote. Christian Wilkins, Zach Sieler, Bradley Chubb, and Jaelan Phillips. They got their arse handed to them right up until that last series and they know it. As Christian Wilkins said “We all know that wasn't our standard. We know we have to play better defense. It starts with me, as the leader of this defense. We will definitely be better this week and going forward."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2023, 01:02:17 pm »

This would have been an easy choice to pick the defensive line, but I think WHEN you do things matters.  And they needed a stop to end the game and they got (essentially) three sacks in a row.  It doesn't mean they played well, but they executed and won the game.  As good as we played, we won the game on a definitive and dominating defensive stop.

I have to say that on the flipside, it's gotta be Sanders.   When you miss kicks matters.  To have your offense come out and do their thing, you need to hand your defense a 3 point lead there.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2023, 02:50:13 pm »

This would have been an easy choice to pick the defensive line, but I think WHEN you do things matters.  And they needed a stop to end the game and they got (essentially) three sacks in a row.  It doesn't mean they played well, but they executed and won the game.  As good as we played, we won the game on a definitive and dominating defensive stop.

I have to say that on the flipside, it's gotta be Sanders.   When you miss kicks matters.  To have your offense come out and do their thing, you need to hand your defense a 3 point lead there.
I can't nail him for that as he hit 3 FGs and 3 extra points. He was 6 for 7 for the day and the FG he made to end the 1st half was basically what won it for us.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2023, 02:58:43 pm »

Sanders didn't play poorly on the day, but it's a bit of a "what have you done for me LATELY" situation.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2023, 06:27:51 pm »

Sanders didn't play poorly on the day, but it's a bit of a "what have you done for me LATELY" situation.

Like Mare.  It's not just the misses, it's the timing of them.  If you are going to miss, do it in a blowout game.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2023, 07:26:03 pm »

Tough call, but I would go with Fangio for the run defense. We just can;t afford to give up so many yards a game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray