Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 05:49:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Sunday Action Week 15
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sunday Action Week 15  (Read 784 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 17, 2023, 05:03:24 pm »

Awful for Miami.

The Browns and Titans both blow double digit leads.

The Browns nearly won on the last play, but the guy knocked it out of his own arms.

How many fantasy games were won and lost on that play?

Sigh.......
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 05:30:03 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Denver2

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 10:26:22 pm »

Not really and the big one is in the 3rd with momentum to Jax we will see how it goes.

Would have liked the bills to lose but ultimately it’s not worth worrying about other teams, if Miami wants to make any noise they have to win the next 3 on their own.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 11:05:50 pm »

Buffalo put a hurtin' on the Cowboys, like the Dolphins did to the Jets.  It was a cold rainy game at points, so that probably worked against the Cowboys.  But Buffalo RB James Cook had an allstar game rushing for 179 yds, when he normally gets about 50 yards per game. Josh Allen only had 94 yards passing.

I really wish Buffalo hadn't beat them so bad because Miami has them next week, and teams tend to try harder to bounce back from bad losses.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 09:05:35 am »

I don't think I agree with many of your assessments, again.

If you look at the teams fighting for that last spot, you basically have a bunch of backup QB bums and then Josh Allen.  That's just the reality.  I think you want a lot of teams in the mix.  They're all multiple games behind you and you're trying to win your division, where wildcard standings don't matter.

Bengals - backup
Browns - backup
Colts - backup
Steelers - backup
Texans - backup
Titans - backup
Broncos - Russell Wilson, but we have the head-to-head and we beat them by 50.

So, these teams rising above Buffalo is important.

We wanted Browns over Bears and we got it.
We wanted Patriots over Chiefs and we lost that one.
We wanted Texans over Titans and we won that.
We wanted Cowboys over Bills, obviously, but Cowboys came out totally flat.

Ravens/Jags is an interesting one.  On snap judgment, you would say you want the Jags to win, but I'm not so sure.
Realistically, I don't think we're going to catch the Ravens.  We control our own destiny because we play them, but we have a hard schedule and we'd probably have to win out or ask the Ravens to lose 2 of 3.  If we win out, the Ravens beating the Jags doesn't matter anyway.  But the Jags losing really helps the chances of at least locking in the 3 seed, which would maybe turn out to make no difference, but if there's an upset somewhere, it would mean a 2nd home playoff game, which would be pretty huge.

We are in this weird spot, where I think that drawing Buffalo is the big L, over just trying to get a higher seed.  They're just so much scarier than any of the other bum teams in that group.   If the Bills are out, I'm much more comfortable with the path.

The nightmare scenario is to get beat soundly in Buffalo, then lose again to them at home, only to draw them in the first round the very next week.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray