Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:44:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the year - 2023
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the year - 2023  (Read 1643 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 14, 2024, 02:39:19 am »

McDaniel

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 03:58:07 pm »

Danny Crossman.

Special teams have been a huge negative for us virtually all year - we should have fired his ass before now.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 05:16:05 pm »

Danny Crossman.

Interesting choice.  Things just haven't been good there.

I was thinking maybe Xavian Howard.  Good player, but hasn't been great for the contract he was on.  I don't want to poo-poo him but in terms of expectations vs. reality, he's someone that comes to mind.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 04:08:48 pm »

Chris Grier is the guy for me. This is year 5 of the "rebuild" and we are over budget and still have no playoff wins. He went from tanking and collecting draft picks to giving them away and over paying free agents. We can continue to manipulate the salary cap but it is very likely we will field a less talented team next year.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 04:11:58 pm »

Crossman seems like a good pick.  Outside of kicking accuracy, special teams has either been completely invisible or actively bad all year; zero value added.
The absolute best thing you can say about the MIA special teams unit is that there weren't any muffed punts (IIRC).

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 06:43:43 am »

Tua

You need to shine come playoff time and Tua choked in two games.  Against Buffalo at home the offense scored a whopping 14 pts in the 2nd quarter.  In the Wildcard game at KC the offense scored a horrendous 7 pts in the second quarter.  A total of 21 points over two games, and this when most of the O-line was back playing.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2024, 05:53:33 am »

Danny Crossman.

Special teams have been a huge negative for us virtually all year - we should have fired his ass before now.

So this clown has been our Special Teams Coordinator since 2019, and they have gotten progressively worse each year...

But at the end of season review we decided the personnel were the problem, not this asshole. Really?

It's shit like this which makes you think this team is going nowhere.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2024, 08:07:07 am »

So this clown has been our Special Teams Coordinator since 2019, and they have gotten progressively worse each year...

But at the end of season review we decided the personnel were the problem, not this asshole. Really?

It's shit like this which makes you think this team is going nowhere.
When injuries happen special teams players are cast into playing full time. Some continue to play special teams while others do not. Either way it has a huge effect on the ST and I think that's the out he has. Apparently he is really liked and respected as a ST coach.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2024, 08:15:18 am »

When injuries happen special teams players are cast into playing full time. Some continue to play special teams while others do not. Either way it has a huge effect on the ST and I think that's the out he has. Apparently he is really liked and respected as a ST coach.

So no other teams have had to deal with injuries the last five seasons? Have we really been that much more effected than anyone else?

It has got to be the last chance saloon for this guy this time, well liked or not. We even went out and recruited a "special teams star" from Buffalo which is supposed to make all the difference.

Unless we have a massive improvement in ST during the season, his ass should be marched out of the building.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 10:16:45 am »

I don't know.  At this point in my life, I don't think it makes sense to fire personnel solely based on result.  He could be a good coach, doing all the right things and bad luck, bad players, or other things are the issue.  And replacing him might result in a worse schemer with the same bad luck and bad players.  I trust coaches to hire people that they enjoy working with and I think there's a lot to that.

Chris Grier was part of that realization for me.  He was getting dragged by the franchise and they kept him while ditching Flores and a lot of the fanbase was miffed, but apparently people liked him and his approach and I think that's panned out well for us.  The roster is better now than it has been in decades.

I drink your milkshake!
Denver2

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2024, 10:26:10 pm »

I don't know.  At this point in my life, I don't think it makes sense to fire personnel solely based on result.  He could be a good coach, doing all the right things and bad luck, bad players, or other things are the issue.  And replacing him might result in a worse schemer with the same bad luck and bad players.  I trust coaches to hire people that they enjoy working with and I think there's a lot to that.

Chris Grier was part of that realization for me.  He was getting dragged by the franchise and they kept him while ditching Flores and a lot of the fanbase was miffed, but apparently people liked him and his approach and I think that's panned out well for us.  The roster is better now than it has been in decades.

Assuming we don’t finish next season 5-12 I hope McDaniel gets an honest chance. Firing coaches ever 3/4 years doesn’t seem like a winning a strategy.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray