Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 01:28:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Could we have been able to have a good healthcare system after all?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Could we have been able to have a good healthcare system after all?  (Read 481 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: March 20, 2024, 03:22:37 pm »

California is giving free healthcare to illegal immigrants.  It will cost taxpayers $2-6 billion dollars per year.

I wish I was an illegal immigrant.  What a great life.

But setting that aside, does this mean we could have afforded to have GOOD Universal Health Care this whole time if we had secured our borders?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 05:42:18 am »

We could have good healthcare, immigration policy is irrelevant.

Most countries treat healthcare like a public service like libraries, schools or fire department.  The US allows it to be a for profit business. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 10:40:21 am »

We could have good healthcare, immigration policy is irrelevant.

Most countries treat healthcare like a public service like libraries, schools or fire department.  The US allows it to be a for profit business. 

And yet rich people from other countries come here for medical treatment. Go figure.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 12:11:40 pm »

And yet rich people from other countries come here for medical treatment. Go figure.

I don't think anyone disputes that if you are in the class of people wealthy enough to fly to another country for an elective procedure rather than wait and get it for free in your home country, the American healthcare system is awesome!  Like, I have no doubt that Mark Cuban's experience with the American healthcare system is fantastic.

But I don't think that's who were really talking about here.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 02:44:44 pm »

I don't think anyone disputes that if you are in the class of people wealthy enough to fly to another country for an elective procedure rather than wait and get it for free in your home country, the American healthcare system is awesome!  Like, I have no doubt that Mark Cuban's experience with the American healthcare system is fantastic.

But I don't think that's who were really talking about here.

Actually Mark Cuban is highly crucial of our healthcare system, and he is even attending to improve one aspect of it. 

There are more Americans who find it less expensive to fly to another country for healthcare than pay the local rates.  Exact numbers of Americans who travel to Canada or Mexico to buy medicine is unknown as it is illegal.  There are more American medical refugees (Americans living in foreign countries because they can’t afford to pay for life sustaining medicine in the US than wealthy foreigns traveling to the US for healthcare.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 03:39:49 pm »

I know several who have flown to South America and other places for cheap cosmetic surgery but they are not looking for good quality care. They just want cheap. In fact one woman I know went for gastric bypass and ended up landing in one of our hospitals. She ended up having it reversed or something. Not really sure but she was out for quite a while because of it.

We have expensive but top quality care and can be seen in a relatively short amount of time. Something the so called cheap healthcare is not.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 04:06:35 pm »

I know several who have flown to South America and other places for cheap cosmetic surgery but they are not looking for good quality care. They just want cheap. In fact one woman I know went for gastric bypass and ended up landing in one of our hospitals. She ended up having it reversed or something. Not really sure but she was out for quite a while because of it.

We have expensive but top quality care and can be seen in a relatively short amount of time. Something the so called cheap healthcare is not.

We have better quality care  (if you can afford it) than some  South American, most African and the poorer Asian countries.  We have more expensive but inferior healthcare than most of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Japan and any other rich country.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 08:07:56 pm »

We have expensive but top quality care and can be seen in a relatively short amount of time.
The direct reason why waits are so short is because of how few people can afford it.
So the real question we should be asking is: do Americans even want their fellow citizens to have healthcare?
After all, if I have healthcare now, and someone else who can't afford to see a doctor is suddenly able to see them, that means a longer wait for me.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray