Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:37:49 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  CBs vs WRs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CBs vs WRs  (Read 434 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: June 07, 2024, 03:12:12 pm »

This is just for my own curiousity.

How do they determine whether a speedy player is a receiver or a cornerback?

Let's use X and Reek as examples.

What led scouts to make X a cornerback and Reek a WR?  What are the differences in motor skills between CBs and WRs.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 03:38:49 pm »

I think you're mistaken that scouts do this.  Players and coaches, starting with pee wee football, start to evaluate, coach, and work with players not only based around their own talents, but the needs of the team, and most importantly, what the players want.  Often these things will align.  By the time you get to the NFL, you'd been perfecting your craft for years.  Once in a long, long while, a guy will switch positions and do something new, just based on their athleticism, but it's not the norm, and it often doesn't work out.

There is a more cynical answer regarding DBs and WRs specifically.  "If he could catch, he'd be a wide receiver."

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 06:27:18 pm »

When I grew up most guys played both ways until college. At that point the coaches decided where they best fit because it was no longer about best athletes on the field because that was balanced out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray