Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:10:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Show Me The Money! The highest paid Miami players for 2024
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Show Me The Money! The highest paid Miami players for 2024  (Read 895 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« on: July 04, 2024, 08:01:18 am »

https://sports.yahoo.com/kelly-sits-miami-salary-throne-211514247.html

"Five players will account for just shy of $110 million of the Miami Dolphins’ payroll in 2024.

Cornerback Jalen Ramsey, receivers Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle, pass rusher Bradley Chubb and quarterback Tua Tagovailoa eat up a substantial amount of Miami’s salary cap because each will receive a salary north of $19 million for this upcoming season."

There's a lot of guaranteed money and signing bonuses tied up in the top ten paid players. That doesn't leave an awful lot of wriggle room if things don't work out.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2024, 01:24:29 pm »

I am not a huge fan of spending all your money on the top ten players and everyone else be a minimum salary caliber player.  I would rather a slightly lower caliber #1 and have backups that aren't bottom of the barrel.

If you only path to the playoffs requires that nobody gets injured you aren't making it to the playoffs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2024, 02:34:39 pm »

I am not a huge fan of spending all your money on the top ten players and everyone else be a minimum salary caliber player.  I would rather a slightly lower caliber #1 and have backups that aren't bottom of the barrel.
I think that's a great strategy for fielding a competitively viable team that usually makes the playoffs, but not much else.

Who was the last team that wasn't top heavy in salary to win a title?

Sibster

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2024, 11:32:37 am »

This shows that the Dolphins are all in for this year.  After this year, they're gonna have to cut some guys loose to get under the cap.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray