Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:32:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  T.O. talking to Broncos
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: T.O. talking to Broncos  (Read 3374 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: January 30, 2006, 09:58:37 pm »

Lots of rumors of this pairing over the past few weeks, but this is the first "official" report I've seen about Owens talking to Denver.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2312714

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:05:31 pm »

I fell he might end up in Denver....That's where I voted he'd go.Denver might just be crazy enough to bring him in for another run in 2006.Just my feelings on that....
Predatory_Fins
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 11:01:01 pm »

seeing as they drafted MO, may as well sign a legit cancer in TO. If they do I say we have denver crying about his team falling apart by week 4.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 11:21:48 pm »

seeing as they drafted MO, may as well sign a legit cancer in TO. If they do I say we have denver crying about his team falling apart by week 4.

The problem with guessing at the future is that there's usually a wide range of possible outcomes. One of the other possibilities has Owens being the missing piece of the Donkos equation and his ability to score from anywhere on the field combines with Denver's normally stellar rushing game to turn the Donkos into a juggernaut.

I've watched (and predicted) all of T.O.'s ego-implosions since SF drafted him out of UTC, and I believe another implosion is a more likely scenario than the juggernaut one, but ANYTHING is possible...

Besides, until T.O. and Denver do more than chat, my prediction of Owens going to Dallas and sinking the enemy's franchise is still possible. Let me go light another candle...  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 09:20:27 am »

We'll take him. For a year. That wouldn't bother me.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 11:06:06 am »

Rumor in Philly area is that there are trade discussions going on involving TO and Ron Dayne.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 11:07:31 am »

Adam Schefter reported that the Broncos are unlikely to give the Eagles any trade compensation for Owens, which directly contradicts a Denver Post article. I'll believe Schefter.

In the same Denver Post article it said that we would go after Ricky Williams, but would only bring in Ricky or TO and not both.

Obviously Ricky would cost a higher draft pick if we indeed trade for him, but TO's contact would be higher.

Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 06:29:07 pm »

In the same Denver Post article it said that we would go after Ricky Williams, but would only bring in Ricky or TO and not both.

Obviously Ricky would cost a higher draft pick if we indeed trade for him, but TO's contact would be higher.

If they used a 3rd round pick on that idiot Mo Clo, what would they be willing to give up for pothead? A 2nd rounder? A first rounder? Do this trade Saban! Do it!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 03:28:25 pm »

Here's a real f'n surprise:

A T.O. FOR T.O.
More and more, it's looking as if the Eagles are going to be able to extract some form of compensation for disgruntled wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Sports Illustrated's Peter King will be reporting on Wednesday night's Inside the NFL that the Redskins are the latest entrant into the T.O. sweepstakes, and definitely the most intriguing. Redskins owner Daniel Snyder thrives on making high-profile acquisitions, like this one would be. Plus, it would be yet another boost to a Redskins offense that already has added offensive coordintor Al Saunders.

But now that the Redskins are involved, and possibly willing to give up a first-day draft pick, the Cowboys are likely to follow suit. Hard to imagine Cowboys owner Jerry Jones just sitting back and watching Snyder add another marketable commodity to his stable in Washington without doing anything.

Also, Chiefs president Carl Peterson is saying that Kansas City needs to take a look at T.O., shortly after Kansas City's division rival Broncos brought T.O. to Denver for a visit.

The Dolphins are interested, the Buccaneers will be interested, and so, amazingly, there will be no shortage of suitors for Owens, who now looks destined to be dealt.

Smart money is now on Washington. Redskins are the favorite.

A VIKING IN JACKSONVILLE

Dphins4me
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 04:12:30 pm »

TO may have suitors but I do not see any team trading for him, because then TO has them by the balls.  Pay that roster bonus, which if I'm not mistaken is 5 million plus his salary.  More than what he would most likely get as a FA.  Plus if he was unhappy about that deal before, what makes a team think he will be happy with it now?

I do not see how Denver or Washington has the cap space to do that.    KC might.

I just do not see any team trading for him.  I believe all this talk is with hopes that some team can bluff another into overpaying for him & costing themselves a solid draft pick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray