Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 06:29:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Patrick Pansy to visit Fins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Patrick Pansy to visit Fins  (Read 4093 times)
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« on: March 08, 2006, 03:08:05 pm »

The Redskins have given quarterback Patrick Ramsey permission to visit the New York Jets, Detroit Lions and the Miami Dolphins as part of a possible trade.

Ramsey has been shopped in trade discussions over the past few weeks but the Redskins had been asking for a second-round pick. Now, he likely will be traded in the next week for a draft choice in the second day of the draft.

Ramsey is in New York visiting the Jets on Wednesday and is in the process of scheduling visits with the Lions and Dolphins.

A former first-round choice, Ramsey lost the Redskins starting quarterback job to Mark Brunell in the past two seasons under Joe Gibbs.

The Redskins are trying to develop first-round choice Jason Campbell into a starter this season so moving Ramsey will give Campbell a better chance to develop and get time in practice and in games.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2359635

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 03:28:08 pm »

Well, we don't have a 5th or a 6th, so that would make it a 4th...

Would we trade our 4th rounder for Ramsey?

At some point, you have to ask what the heck we need the guy for. He may be better than Gus, but not MUCH better and certainly still only a short-term solution, so why bother?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 04:24:32 pm »

I don't want Ramsey.  He has happy feet, from getting crushed so much.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 04:25:21 pm »

EEW...

Patrick Ramsey sucks.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 04:52:46 pm »

we broke his ass Cheesy
NYFan204

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 09:31:46 pm »

It could be an interesting prospect. Even David Carr was said to say "thank God I wasn't behind that line."
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 10:09:56 pm »

He hasn't proven himself and probably never will.  If anyone else knows different, feel free to correct me, but Tulane is not known for producing top caliber QB's.  Their best signal callers currently in the NFL are Shaun King, JP Losman, and Ramsey. 
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 10:17:54 pm »

He hasn't proven himself and probably never will.  If anyone else knows different, feel free to correct me, but Tulane is not known for producing top caliber QB's.  Their best signal callers currently in the NFL are Shaun King, JP Losman, and Ramsey. 

I agree with you that he hasn't proven himself and never will, but I don't feel it has anything to do with where he went to school. Who cares if Tulane has never produced a good QB before. Alcorn State  produced a very good QB once. Does that mean they are a QB factory and scouts should check out every QB that comes out of there?

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
DolFan619
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 10:21:50 pm »

The day Patrick Ramsey becomes the QB of the Dolphins, is the day I become a pirate.  Ramsey is just a younger version of Frerotte.  I'll take Josh McCown from the Cardinals, before I take Ramsey.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 10:48:56 pm by DolFan619 » Logged
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 10:43:39 pm »

^^^

word about mcKown.  i believe he's going to be a successful player in the years to come
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 11:05:24 pm »

I agree with you that he hasn't proven himself and never will, but I don't feel it has anything to do with where he went to school. Who cares if Tulane has never produced a good QB before. Alcorn State  produced a very good QB once. Does that mean they are a QB factory and scouts should check out every QB that comes out of there?

No, but some schools have a knack for consistently producing quality players at certain positions.  There's a reason why your Penn St. Nittany Lions are known as "Linebacker U". 

Come to think of it, I don't know of too many Tulane players overall that actually make their mark in the NFL.   If anyone does, feel free to list them here. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray