Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 10:37:45 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  How was the Super Bowl officiating?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How was the Super Bowl officiating?  (Read 5238 times)
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 08:11:34 pm »

Officiating was flat out terrible.

Late hit on big ben was a joke. Harrison not being ejected was a joke. The steelers not being called for holding until the 4th quarter was a joke, they were holding all night long. For the refs not to even review the warner fumble was terrible and to top it off Santonio Holmes doing his Lebron James imitation, using to ball as a prop should've been excessive celebration.

Last year the refs were a non-story. The past 2 super bowls the steelers have partcipated in the refs have almost been a bigger story than the actual game.  I probably know why the warner fumbled wasn'r reviewed, Terry McCaully and his crew had a reservation at Mons VENUS and didn't want to be late.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 08:14:37 pm »

OK...fine -- either way.

Even if it is overturned, they didn't have the time to get downfield, short of a miracle hail-mary.  I don't think it would've changed the outcome was my whole point.

Your probably right, but I think the Cards have a better chance than most teams on a hail-mary play with Fitzgerald going up for a jump ball.  I think they should have been given that chance...looked like a forward pass to me.

Officiating was flat out terrible.

Late hit on big ben was a joke. Harrison not being ejected was a joke. The steelers not being called for holding until the 4th quarter was a joke, they were holding all night long. For the refs not to even review the warner fumble was terrible and to top it off Santonio Holmes doing his Lebron James imitation, using to ball as a prop should've been excessive celebration.

Last year the refs were a non-story. The past 2 super bowls the steelers have partcipated in the refs have almost been a bigger story than the actual game.  I probably know why the warner fumbled wasn'r reviewed, Terry McCaully and his crew had a reservation at Mons VENUS and didn't want to be late.

QFT
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 10:00:44 pm »

There were a few bad calls, but nothing that altered the outcome of the game.

Warner's INT in the endzone was a 10 point game-changer.  When you make mistakes like that, you lose football games.

You dont think Harrison being ejected could have had an affect?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 12:14:46 am »

Yeah, I suppose it could've -- I don't know.  Anything can technically affect the outcome.

But, there wasn't that one, blatant bad call that cost Arizona the game.  The biggest play in the history of the Super Bowl cost them the game.

I drink your milkshake!
landlocked
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 10:22:56 pm »

The refs blew.If they are gonna call stupid they need to call it both ways.There were only about 3-4 blocks in the back,holding,and outright tackling during the interception return before halftime.The roughing the passer was a joke,and Harrison shoulda been tossed.It was if the refs got together at the start of the 4th quarter and said,"shit!" "we need to even this up guys"because the Steelers didn't seem to get flagged until then.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray