Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 02:34:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dear Yankees,
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dear Yankees,  (Read 3844 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 06:58:02 pm »

Boston's only chance is a sweep. If the Yankees just win one game, that means their lead is 4 with 7 to play. So, Boston would have to go 7-0 while the Yankees would have to do no better than 3-4. Unlikely, but you never know seeing what the Mets did the last 2 years.

Gonna have to beat Boston or Anaheim anyway if they want to reach the World Series, so the remaining games are just for positioning.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 07:52:26 am »

^The lead might be six, however Boston only trails by 5 in the loss column and has three head to head games this week.  Boston has 10 games left, tonight's tilt with KC, New York for three and then finish at home with Toronto and Cleveland.

You might want to hold off ordering anything.

Looks like Joba found his groove last night.  Your boys are now 6 1/2 out with 9 to go.  I think I might as well place that order. 
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 09:59:46 pm »

Looks like Joba found his groove last night.  Your boys are now 6 1/2 out with 9 to go.  I think I might as well place that order. 
CC shut them down today, its O-VER. Enjoy playing the pesky Angels....LOL

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 12:56:05 am »

Get the champagne on ice baby!!!  After a two year hiatus, the AL East Division title is back where it belongs!!!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 12:34:35 pm »

Yes, now they can rest some players, but they need to stay focused. It seems that the hottest team wins the World Series, not the one with the best record. Can't lose 6 of 9 playing scrubs while Boston and Anaheim win 8 of 9 going full speed.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 09:18:33 am »

A couple observations that came out of this series.  I'm wonder why Boston didn't want to win?  I understand the need to rest players.  When you're 5.5 games out of 1st and the difference between the division and wild card is Detroit at home or Anaheim on the road...don't you want to go all out?

So someone please explain to me why the following players got a day off during a weekend series against the Yankees?  V-Mart.  Youkilis.  Lowell.  Drew.  Bay.  Ellsbury.  A-Gone. 

I mean, seriously.  Lowrie, Anderson, Kotchman and 'Tek all in one line up.  That doesn't scream "we're trying really hard here!"  And Boston still should have taken 2 out of 3. 

Losing the division isn't a big deal to me.  Even with  a sweep you're looking at a 2.5 lead with seven to go.  It's the way Tito went out of this weekend.  Byrd threw a gem yesterday and went into the 6th.  With two runners on you bring in Saito?  In the 6th? 

It was very clear that Tito wanted to get his players home with a roster intact without injury.  That's fine.  But at least try?

On the plus side, Matsuzaka seems to be back on track.  That is a huge plus knowing who the #4 is.  I have zero issues tossing him out there right now against the Angels, none at all. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 02:17:53 pm »

Yeah, neither side really wanted to win at the cost of waking up their stars from their nap. Melky, Gardner and Molina in the same lineup. Not exactly a playoff lineup.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray