Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 06:01:08 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Now THIS is a Middle Linebacker.......
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Now THIS is a Middle Linebacker.......  (Read 1906 times)
Defense54
Uber Member

« on: September 24, 2009, 04:43:32 pm »

Ray Lewis may be the best football player to play the game,  pound for pound , in the modern era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldY2pInMyR4

Tepop84
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 04:54:21 pm »

number 68 on the chargers steps out of the way to avoid lewis and then ends up pushing one of his own players in the back
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 04:59:50 pm »

I'm surprised he's lasted this long with all those fierce hits he's been putting on people.  Enjoy watching him while you still can. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:02:16 pm by Tommy » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 05:00:34 pm »

number 68 on the chargers steps out of the way to avoid lewis and then ends up pushing one of his own players in the back
that's called a "pulling guard" - the guard and the fullback were clearing a hole for Sproles.  I think the problem was that they didn't anticipate the blitz and therefore the center didn't pick him up to block, leaving the hole for Lewis to blow that play up.  Besides, the pulling guard didn't seal off the outside of the hole on that play either like he was supposed to.  I can't seem to figure out who missed their assignment on that play...
Tepop84
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 05:19:59 pm »

that's called a "pulling guard" - the guard and the fullback were clearing a hole for Sproles.  I think the problem was that they didn't anticipate the blitz and therefore the center didn't pick him up to block, leaving the hole for Lewis to blow that play up.  Besides, the pulling guard didn't seal off the outside of the hole on that play either like he was supposed to.  I can't seem to figure out who missed their assignment on that play...
I know he was pulling, but i was saying, while he was pulling he sidestepped to avoid lewis.

The play calling was terrible.  they should have run on 3rd and 2 instead of trying for the endzone.  Then running after passing on 3rd down was lol.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 05:29:10 pm »

God I love GREAT defense. Ray Lewis has my upmost respect.  He knew what that play was going to be before they balled was snapped. THAT makes all the difference. Watch the Tape. Football is as much a mental game as it is Physical. His mental toughness along with his physical gifts just makes him an incredible player. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray