Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 03:27:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I was wrong...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I was wrong...  (Read 3611 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 02:21:31 am »

So what?  They obviously didn't know the defenses' plays in 2007, nor this year.

The Spygate argument is tired.  Let it die.

We can never let cheaters off the hook, however, I agree that he has proven his talent since then.  In me mind, the Pats will always be stinkin' cheaters though.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 09:23:38 am »

Tom Brady is, perhaps, the greatest QB that any of us will get to see play.  Hate all you want, but facts are facts. The guy is nails.

I was oh so wrong about Chad Henne.  Man, was I excited about this guy.  Big time QB in college.  Tough as nails.  Always made good decisions with the ball.  Cannon of an arm.  I thought that maybe, finally, Miami had a quarterback.  I clung to that hope for a long time.  However, like the last sip at the bottom of my beer from Friday night that I forgot to throw away...he / it is useless.

BTW - a lot of you are not seeing Dave's point of this post.  This isn't a "I was wrong about a random game" thread.  This is about something larger that you took a stance on.  Something you defended.  Something you were wrong about.  So unless you were fighting with people tooth and nail about the Saints beating the Seahawks...that doesn't quite cut it.  No, I'm not picking on anyone in particular.  That example is merely the one that comes to mind this second.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:25:44 am by MaineDolFan » Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 10:20:41 am »

So many people have posted, I have to copy a few. I was wrong about Vick. I was wrong about Henne.

My feeling on Vick predate his legal issues (VT can suck it). He really seems to have been working to make himself a better player. I actually think he may have done some reflection personally as well. I thought he would just end up being sorry he was caught, but I think he has looked at himself deeply.

I wasn't expecting Manning like play from Henne this year, but I expected to see a level of improvement. I think I actually saw regression instead.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 12:50:28 pm »

I was wrong about New England.  I thought it would be a rebuilding year for them and they would go about 9-7 and the Jets would win the AFCE.  Instead they finish 14-2 and have to be the odds-on choice for Super Bowl winner now.  No question that Belichick did one fine job of coaching this year, perhaps his best year ever.

I was wrong about the Dolphin's second half of the season.  I thought the weak schedule down the stretch would help propel them into the playoffs or at least a shot at the playoffs.  When they started out 4-4, I was sure that we'd finish no worse than 10-6 based on how the Dolphins were playing.  No question that Sparano did about as poor of job of coaching a team during that stretch that I have ever seen.  His decision to bench Henne in favor of Pennington to give his offense a spark was the first sign that he didn't have a clue and it only went downhill from there. 

I've already made 2 predictions for next year.  Miami won't draft a QB in the 1st round and that Sparano will be fired or quit before the end of next year.  Mind you, I don't necessarily think that Miami SHOULD draft a QB in the 1st round, I just don't think that Sparano/Ireland will.  Too many other needs at this point. If he drafted a QB this year, it's highly doubtful that player would be able to help the Dolphins next year and Tony knows he's got about 1 year left to prove he can do it.  I see a free agent QB coming in to compete with Henne next year.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 01:01:13 pm »

Maine, I was half joking when I put down I was wrong about my picks. 

The examples I would use would be the same as others : Vick and Henne.  I think those views are pretty well known.  I thought Marshall would do great things here, but part of that goes back to Henne, also.  I can't think of anything else at the moment.

I thought of another one:  I thought Incognito would be the same distraction on the Dolphins as he was on the Rams, but he behaved himself and had a good season.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:11:37 pm by StL FinFan » Logged

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 05:45:19 pm »

I too will have to admit to being wrong about Tom Brady. I, like Dave, always thought he was a product of a great system, but as many of the pieces around him continue to change he has proven to me that he is not only a good QB but one of the best this league has ever seen. Now mind you I still dislike him and the Pats but I have a ton of respect for the guy and I am jealous that he is not on my team.

I also have to admit that I argued with everyone that would listen to me that I thought Atlanta was over rated and would barely make the playoffs if at all. I just did not see them as a threat. Clearly I was wrong on this as they have the #1 seed in a tough NFC. They were better than I gave them credit for.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray