Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 10:44:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brees or Rodgers MVP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Brees or Rodgers MVP  (Read 4708 times)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 09:04:49 pm »

Goin with Brees.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 09:44:30 pm »

Rodgers.

15-1 team. Ridiculous TD:INT ratio.  Superbowl favorite despite his shitty defense.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 10:24:50 pm »

Peyton Manning is the MVP for 2011

+1

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 01:23:42 am »

Rodgers' probably breaks Marino's record too if he played Week 17. Hell, Eli F'N Manning almost broke it, so it was just that type of year for the offense due to the new rule changes about touching receivers. Or looking at them. Or making eye contact with the QB. Or trying to tackle anyone.

1. Rodgers
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Manning. Peyton, not Eli. Hard to argue Peyton didn't deserve the damn award this year after seeing what the Colts did.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 10:07:53 am »

I heard something on SIRIUS NFL radio today, I still have to verify it but if true its amazing. That the Packers gave up the most passing yards in a single season in NFL history. If they did that and still went 15-1, then Rodgers gets my vote.

I mean its close between the two guys, but jesus christ Rodgers truly was a one-man team if that stat I heard is correct.

The two worst defenses this year in terms of yards allowed are the #1 seeds in their respective conferences. 

Not sure why it is just Brees or Rodgers as the choices....Brady had an impressive season as well. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 03:01:52 pm »

^^ I actually started to comment something to that effect when MikeO posted about the Packers, but thought better of it since the Packers went 14-1 with Rodgers and New England only went 13-3 with Brady. Still it was an impressive performance by Brady as well, just not quite as impressive as Rodgers.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 07:13:06 pm »

The two worst defenses this year in terms of yards allowed are the #1 seeds in their respective conferences. 

Yep. Proving once again defense is overrated and teams should invest heavily in offense and use the majority of their salary cap on that side of the ball as well
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 07:50:03 pm »

I heard something on SIRIUS NFL radio today, I still have to verify it but if true its amazing. That the Packers gave up the most passing yards in a single season in NFL history.

I heard the same thing on Sportscenter two nights ago. While I like Brees and he had one hell of a season I would pick Rogers as the MVP this year.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 08:52:40 pm »

From ESPN's site.

While the records were all passing related, they weren’t all positive marks. The Packers finished the season allowing 4,796 pass yards, the most in NFL history. This year’s Patriots briefly held the record after finishing their game with 4,703 pass yards allowed this season. Before this year, the 1995 Atlanta Falcons held the futility mark with 4,541 pass yards allowed.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 07:26:05 am »

Anyone who thinks Manning deserves the arard- or even a vote- is ridiculous. Manning doesn't play defense; he didn't give up 60 to the Saints. Revisit last year- the Colts were not the 14 win team everyone seems to remember them as. They went 10-6 and lost their first round playoff game. There werr MANY people picking them to go 8-8 this year and lose the division to Houston before Manning got hurt. Does Manning playing get them more than 2 wins? Probably, sure. Does it make them a 12 win team and a Super Bowl contender? It didn't last year, so it wouldn't have this year. He has no business in a serious discussion about the award. -EK
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:20:10 am by EKnight » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 11:29:29 am »

The Colts won too many games for Manning to get an MVP vote.  They were not historically bad; they merely sucked.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 08:30:22 pm »

Aaron Rodgers won the award and the voting went 48-2  (thats not a typo)

Not a close vote at all

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/46267123/
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray