Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:48:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2014 MLB Hall of Fame ballot
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: 2014 MLB Hall of Fame ballot  (Read 9317 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 11:45:09 am »

Eventually The HoF will have to start letting in some players accused of using steroids in, or as Dave said there will be no inductions for 10 or 20 years.  With some players it is fairly obvious when they started using roids, primarily late in their careers.  I think voters will eventually look at their numbers up until the point they are suspected of using roids and decide whether the pre-roids numbers justify entry into the hall.
Landshark
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 11:55:24 am »

Eventually The HoF will have to start letting in some players accused of using steroids in, or as Dave said there will be no inductions for 10 or 20 years.  With some players it is fairly obvious when they started using roids, primarily late in their careers.  I think voters will eventually look at their numbers up until the point they are suspected of using roids and decide whether the pre-roids numbers justify entry into the hall.

The question is, how do you know they weren't using the entire time?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 12:07:04 pm »

I don't know that I want to get into it, but the "cheating on my wife analogy" might be the worst, most nonsensical argument I've ever seen on this site.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 01:14:45 pm »

The question is, how do you know they weren't using the entire time?

Well you never know for sure.  BUT, at the same time for a great period of time during some of these players' careers steroids were not a banned substance by baseball.  So, I don't think you can penalize a player for using something that was not banned.
Landshark
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 03:21:20 pm »

This is why I am glad Dan LeBatard gave his vote to the Deadspin readers. The whole system is a sham and his ballot was one of the better ones.

As a result of him revealing his ballot, Dan LeBatard has had his membership in the BBWA suspended fur a year and is banned from all future Hall Of Fame voting
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 03:48:15 pm »

^^^ That is not because he revealed his ballot. It is because he did not make the selections himself. He let Deadspin (who in turn let their readers vote) make the selections and they are not an approved voting source.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray