Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:29:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  so who gets the first pick in the draft?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: so who gets the first pick in the draft?  (Read 3592 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: December 08, 2014, 09:01:09 am »

Close battle
jets
Bucs
titans
jags
raiders are all 2-11 with the redskins making a play at 3-10

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:21:14 am »

Bucs, Jets, (and maybe Titans) want a QB so they are all dying to get that top pick. If Raiders or Jags get it they will trade down for a kings ransom
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 01:50:41 pm »

Bucs
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 07:32:03 pm »

The Jets beating the Titans today assured themselves they won't get it. The SUCK FOR THE DUCK race is on and the Jets aren't in it any longer. Has to be killing Woody Johnson who is dying for that next Franchise QB and he had a shot to get the big prize this year until his team did something stupid and won a game today.

Gonna be Tampa or Tennessee I'm thinking.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 08:05:34 pm »

The NFL is so weird this year with top teams that at 3-11, the Jets can't pick any higher than 5th right now, maybe even 7th depending on tiebreakers.

This "win" just crushed the franchise. Sometimes as a fan, you have to look at the bigger picture and be happy with losses. Not jump for joy when they lose, but nod your head and say "It's for the best".
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 08:06:19 pm »

If I'm Mariota, I'm lighting candles that Tampa gets that #1 pick. Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson, and to a lesser extent, Austin Seferian-Jenkins would be a sweet trio of big targets to be able to throw to.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 08:43:29 pm »

Perhaps Miami can tank the last game against the Jets to move them farther down the draft pick list.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 10:57:34 pm »

It looks like Miami and SF will both be drafting in the middle of round one.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 10:29:13 am »

If I'm Mariota, I'm lighting candles that Tampa gets that #1 pick. Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson, and to a lesser extent, Austin Seferian-Jenkins would be a sweet trio of big targets to be able to throw to.

Jackson won't be in Tampa next year from reports. They want to unload him but yes out of all of the places he could land Tampa is by far the best situation for him and he should be hoping for that.   There are reports that Chip Kelly would part with Foles and everything under the sun to trade up to #1 to get him. Would be interesting if a team like Tampa or the Jets or the Titans would take Foles and a boat-load of draft picks to trade way down and out of that #1 spot.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 02:43:40 pm »

I'm sure Mariota would love to get picked by Philly.  I, on the the other hand, would love to be able to shit tiramisu.

~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 09:47:55 am »

If Tampa loses next week they get the #1 pick
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 10:23:14 am »

If Tampa loses next week they get the #1 pick
Bucs

Called it
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 08:06:27 pm »

Perhaps Miami can tank the last game against the Jets to move them farther down the draft pick list.

mission accomplished

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 09:12:03 pm »

mission accomplished

Yes! The season is now a success!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray