Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 03:51:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2016 Pro Bowl Selections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2016 Pro Bowl Selections  (Read 4869 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 11:09:55 am »

Having it the week before the Super Bowl essentially eliminates the players for four teams.  

It does eliminate two teams (not four, I don't think), but who cares?

Nobody watches it anyway when it's weeks after...and nobody really plays in it anyway.

I don't even think it should be a game, but instead a skills competition / celebration of the league.  And the dead week between the end of season and Super Bowl is pretty barren.

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 06:58:48 pm »

It does eliminate two teams (not four, I don't think), but who cares?

Nobody watches it anyway when it's weeks after...and nobody really plays in it anyway.

I don't even think it should be a game, but instead a skills competition / celebration of the league.  And the dead week between the end of season and Super Bowl is pretty barren.

Technically it eliminates two, but the losers of the conference championship games tend to skip it as well
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:48:33 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 09:34:40 am »

I love football.  But the Pro Bowl is such a beating to watch.  I always just hope nobody gets hurt.  It would suck beyond words to have your career end because of an injury you sustain in the freaking Pro Bowl. 
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 10:10:30 am »

For the AFC - although Brady is the starter, Derek Carr also made the team.  Does anyone else think Derek Carr is getting a little too much credit for the Raiders success?  Granted his numbers are greatly improved over the past two seasons (especially his Int's down to 6), but I think a lot of his success is based on what the defense is doing.  Like Miami, the Raiders defense have come up with a lot of turnovers (13 int's and 13 fumble recoveries).  Usually if your defense is coming up with turnovers you are in pretty good field position, so that makes it very beneficial for the offense.

Who would you put in front of Carr from the AFC? I maybe half a world away, but it seems most of the media seems to be calling the Raiders defense a massive liability most of this year, unless something is missed in transmission across the Pacific? Carr also looked to be pretty damn good the limited times I saw him play this year, dare I say it maybe more than a little like Marino with his quick release and numbers...

I guess the next week of two we will see what the Raiders are like without Carr, if they crash and burn without him to me it's it's a pretty good indicator.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray