Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 01:16:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Patriots Resign Cam Newton 1 Year/$14 Million
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Patriots Resign Cam Newton 1 Year/$14 Million  (Read 1732 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: March 12, 2021, 08:41:23 am »

Beneficial to both parties. Pats have lots of cap room and some key players coming back, it's not out of the realm of possibility they go 10-6 this season with the right moves, but that largely depends on Cam. They will probably draft a QB as well to redshirt the whole year and hope it works out but this very likely takes a potential Jimmy G trade off the table. $14 Million is a lot for a backup.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 08:44:57 am »

welcome to irrelevance patriots!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 09:24:49 am »

You're kidding! That was not something that I saw happening. I owe a Patriots fan that I know a beer now. Lol

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 09:38:02 am »

this very likely takes a potential Jimmy G trade off the table. $14 Million is a lot for a backup.

Jimmy G was never on the table. Hell, he hasn't even made it into the dining room yet.  Shanahan and Lynch love the guy.

I have personally consulted with a renowned psychic (at the cost of $5.00/minute), who assures me that Jimmy G will be under center for SF in week one. I don't know why she had to ask me two hours worth of questions about his family, but whatever it takes to get to the truth...worth it!

Roll Eyes   Huh    Shocked

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 10:46:22 am »

t but this very likely takes a potential Jimmy G trade off the table. $14 Million is a lot for a backup.

8 million for a backup.  6 million is tied to incentives he won't earn holding a clipboard. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 11:18:47 am »

welcome back to irrelevance patriots!

Had to fix it for you.  They were irrelevant prior to 2001.

Beneficial to both parties. Pats have lots of cap room and some key players coming back, it's not out of the realm of possibility they go 10-6 this season with the right moves, but that largely depends on Cam. They will probably draft a QB as well to redshirt the whole year and hope it works out but this very likely takes a potential Jimmy G trade off the table. $14 Million is a lot for a backup.

They need defensive help bad.  Tom Brady masked a lot of their defensive issues by keeping them off the field.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 04:28:20 pm »

8 million for a backup.  6 million is tied to incentives he won't earn holding a clipboard. 

It's actually only $5 Million guaranteed, the other $9 Million is through incentives that aren't easily achieved like Pro Bowl and Superbowl stuff.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 05:02:19 pm »

It's actually only $5 Million guaranteed, the other $9 Million is through incentives that aren't easily achieved like Pro Bowl and Superbowl stuff.

Actually it is even better only 3.5 million is guaranteed.  Which wouldn’t prevent NE from trading for Jimmy G or another QB, signing one in FA or drafting one.  This contact is designed for having Newton being plan B.  And Newton is a pretty solid plan B.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 06:27:45 pm »

Actually it is even better only 3.5 million is guaranteed.  Which wouldn’t prevent NE from trading for Jimmy G or another QB, signing one in FA or drafting one.  This contact is designed for having Newton being plan B.  And Newton is a pretty solid plan B.

When I read the thread title and thought it was a straight up 1 year for $14M I was shocked.  But only 3.5M guaranteed makes a lot more sense for the Patriots.  I agree with your "Plan B" comments. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 08:57:46 pm »

When I read the thread title and thought it was a straight up 1 year for $14M I was shocked.  But only 3.5M guaranteed makes a lot more sense for the Patriots.  I agree with your "Plan B" comments. 

The initial reports that came in said $14 Million, every hour more info came out and it kept going lower and lower which makes more sense.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 01:51:44 am »

The initial reports that came in said $14 Million, every hour more info came out and it kept going lower and lower which makes more sense.

Oh I'm sure.  I wasn't trying to say that you were giving bad info in your initial post or anything.  I'm in Hawaii (brag comment) and haven't been keeping up with the news or TDMMC so I was reading like 9 days worth of posts today all at one time. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray