Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:05:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What if "Best case" Scenario going into week 18
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What if "Best case" Scenario going into week 18  (Read 476 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: December 25, 2023, 04:39:33 pm »

What if going into week 18, Miami Beats Baltimore the previous week and a Baltimore loss in Week 16 against SF Clinching the #1 Seed for Miami essentially making this game against buffalo a throwaway.

How would you approach this if you were McDaniels? Would you play your starters? For how long would you play the starters if you decided to play them?

The only real kicker is that if you are afraid of Buffalo, a win against Buffalo could knock them out of the playoffs, even if they won the previous week.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 05:12:32 pm »

In this scenario, since we have a bye, I’d rest everyone.  I really just don’t want to play the Bills in consecutive weeks.  So if that’s off the table, I am more concerned with winning it all.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2023, 06:20:13 pm »

McDaniel has been resting slightly injured players all year, so it would be more of the same.  But you can't sit everyone, and I don't think it would be good to have guys taking two full weeks off.  Probably gets treated like a late preseason game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray