Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:51:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Open boarders is doing wonders for our safety
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Open boarders is doing wonders for our safety  (Read 1526 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2024, 03:28:37 pm »

This is the way it works.

We're supposed to be terrified of ISIS and Mexican cartels and the Triads, but the moment someone says that Nazis are a problem, suddenly the standard changes to "Well when was the last time you personally saw a Nazi?"
People claiming to be KKK are just a bunch of loser assholes who got nothing better to do.   Just as many racist incidents against other races, including white people. In fact, Jews are the most targeted race and have been for quite a while. Hell ... latinos can't even get along with each other from differnt countries or differences shades.   "About four-in-ten Latinos with darker skin (41%) say they have experienced discrimination or unfair treatment by another Latino, while 25% with lighter skin color say the same. Nativity is linked too. Latinos born in Puerto Rico or in another country are more likely than those born in the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia to say they suffered discrimination or unfair treatment by someone who is also Latino (32% vs. 23%)."https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/05/02/latinos-experience-discrimination-from-other-latinos-about-as-much-as-from-non-latinos/

None of this justifies white supremacy but it also doesn't make it our main concern. There's assholes in every group and pretending its just white people undermines the issue. It's basically a small percentage of assholes and they can come in any color.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2024, 03:32:13 pm »

Ending "earmarks" (i.e. the specific designations of appropriated funds for particular projects) is one of the reasons why we are where we are today, politically.  Back in the days of earmarks, politicians had an incentive to work with each other so they could secure benefits for their constituents back home.  But Republicans are not interested in a government that helps the people; they believe that government can only cause problems for you, and they are dedicated to proving it.  So they killed earmarks.  (Note that this doesn't reduce spending, or lower taxes in any way... it just stops Congress from designating those funds for specific projects.)

And so now that members of Congress no longer have a reason to cooperate, it's all about grandstanding.  Again, this works out fine for Republicans, who are perfectly fine with a dysfunctional government that doesn't work.
No, what screwed our politics is the extreme sides of both parties are running things. It used to be the people in the middle ground were who got voted in because they attracted both sides. That hasn't happened since Obama took office and a couple of years in declared war on the police, white people, and Christianity. I think we can both agree you believe all three are evil too so no need to respond on that one.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2024, 04:46:16 pm »

No, what screwed our politics is the extreme sides of both parties are running things. It used to be the people in the middle ground were who got voted in because they attracted both sides. That hasn't happened since Obama took office and a couple of years in declared war on the police, white people, and Christianity. I think we can both agree you believe all three are evil too so no need to respond on that one.

Nah man there was nothing moderate about Ronnie Reagan.

Clinton was a moderate and Gingrich did everything in his power to bring him down.

SCOTUS handed the election to Bush and look at that disastrous 8 years.

Obama was also a moderate and republicans lost their shit so bad that in reaction they handed the party to a nut case like Trump.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2024, 07:23:12 pm »

People claiming to be KKK are just a bunch of loser assholes who got nothing better to do.   Just as many racist incidents against other races, including white people. In fact, Jews are the most targeted race and have been for quite a while. Hell ... latinos can't even get along with each other from differnt countries or differences shades.   "About four-in-ten Latinos with darker skin (41%) say they have experienced discrimination or unfair treatment by another Latino, while 25% with lighter skin color say the same.
And so we've gone from "Have you personally seen a KKK member?" to "But what about Latino-on-Latino bigotry?"
But even though none of us have ever personally seen ISIS or the Triads walking our neighborhood streets, we should be Deeply Concerned about the immigrant invasion in Joe Biden's America.

And speaking of extremism in politics: one of the reasons we have become so polarized is because one of the parties believes that to say the following:

1. Police brutality in the US is a problem, it disproportionately targets black & brown people, and we should take steps to reduce or eliminate it
2. The US has a long history of institutionalized white supremacy, and we should consider that history as a factor when making policy today
3. We should consider that all religions (including Christianity) are equally important, and not privilege Christian holidays over other religious holidays

...is to wage "war on the police, white people, and Christianity," and also to believe that police, white people, and Christians are evil.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2024, 08:30:47 pm »

Claiming there is a war on whites and Christianity is the ultimate example of entitlement.

This is a country that favors white.  Minorities are just trying to reduce the gap between the races.  And they have reduced the unequalness.  At one time the gap was so wide one race could actually own the other.  Not long ago the gap was enough that there were laws of where different races could live and go to school.  And while the law the prohibited blacks to live in the town I grew up was repealed over 50 years ago.  Less than 1% of the population is AA.  While the law is gone the segregation remains.

As for the war in Christianity.  When Christmas, New Years and Easter are a normal workday and Yom Kipper and Eid ul-Fitr are legal holidays we can discuss how Christian are treated unfairly.  The preference Christianity gets is so pervasive you can’t even recognize how Christian holidays are treated differently.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2024, 03:18:08 am »

Acknowledging many religious holidays (including Christmas) by saying "Happy Holidays" in December, instead of just saying "Merry Christmas," is considered by conservatives to be waging war on Christians.  The conservative Christian idea of religious tolerance is "Hey, we aren't banning all other religions and forcing everyone to celebrate Christmas... what more do you want from us?"  The idea of treating other religions as if they somehow deserve equal respect is absolutely out of the question.

CF, it's also worth mentioning how unhinged it is that you STILL think Barack Obama, a Christian, was "waging war on Christianity."  But I'm sure you're still convinced Obama is secretly a Muslim from Kenya, right?  Q is going to expose him any day now, right before shadow President Trump announces all the Democrats are being arrested for child sex trafficking?

any day now
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 03:26:38 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2024, 08:48:23 am »

So many things to address in those comments but I wouldn't have the time. To summarize ...

#1 - many of the things you guys are saying are CNN talking points but far from facts. For instance , when a black Harvard professor did a legitimate study on police violence against black's not once, but twice, he was intimidated and silenced because it didn't fit the narrative of controlling you guys. I don't have time to find his actual video he made on the challenges but here is an article from a quick Google. Harvard professor says ‘all hell broke loose’ when his study found no racial bias in police shootings
Roland Fryer said he lived under police protection during the fallout of his study
https://www.foxnews.com/media/harvard-professor-all-hell-broke-loose-study-found-no-racial-bias-police-shootings

#2 - Regardless of history we don't have a huge white supremacy problem today. Racism exists but it is more over reported than anything else in the world so they can create division. As Candace Owens would say, it's to keep the black's mentally on the plantation because they want them to believe the world is stacked against them.  This is why blacks, as well as other minorities, who just moved here succeed at a higher rate. they don't fall into victimhood mentality.

#3 - I never saw Al-Qaeda either but I saw 2 towers fall and thousands die. Shortly after we found out there were cells here in Central Florida as well as other places around the country. Anytime a people are willing to die to kill you, its a a major threat. White Supremist aren't that dedicated to their hate.  

#4- Hoodie proves my point about attacking whites. I can't have an opinion as a straight white man because I'm entitled if I do. Sometimes I think you guys love making my point for me. LMAO

#5 - You can bash Trump all you like. Like I said many times now, I do not like the guy. Much like how you guys know Biden is senile but you are going to vote for him. I put the economy and my expendable income as the greatest priority, and the country's security as a close second so Trump gets the nod from me.

#6 - No one cares what holidays you celebrate. Just don't take away mine. Much like Disney ... they would be much more successful in their quest to have woke movies succeed if they created new movies instead of wiping out the white people in the classics. Few people complain about Princess Tiana but many were furious when the Little Mermaid and now Snow White have been altered.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 08:52:17 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2024, 09:15:56 am »

White Supremist aren't that dedicated to their hate. 

OKC would beg to differ
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2024, 10:40:07 am »

I never said white straight males can't have an opinion.  But if a straight white male is so unaware of societal bias to hold the delusion that he is not privileged but rather persecuted than he is entitled. 

You can hold an opinion, but if you are delusional you will be called out.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2024, 10:41:46 am »

OKC would beg to differ
McVeigh didn't kill himself. Sadly and all joking aside, there were many reasons that should have been stopped before it happened. Like Waco and Ruby Ridge, ... the government chose to ignore the facts and created a bigger issue.

According to CBS ... What Feds Knew Before Okla. Bombing
A federal informant warns that white separatists in Oklahoma are threatening "assassinations, bombings and mass shootings." The FBI secretly interviews a witness familiar with a plot to blow up the Alfred P. Murrah federal building. Other agents learn of a book being circulated that promotes a truck bombing of a government building.

The U.S. government obtained all of this intelligence before Timothy McVeigh detonated his truck bomb in 1995, but officials did not warn federal buildings managers in Oklahoma ...

U.S.
What Feds Knew Before Okla. Bombing
February 13, 2003 / 5:20 AM EST / AP

A federal informant warns that white separatists in Oklahoma are threatening "assassinations, bombings and mass shootings." The FBI secretly interviews a witness familiar with a plot to blow up the Alfred P. Murrah federal building. Other agents learn of a book being circulated that promotes a truck bombing of a government building.

The U.S. government obtained all of this intelligence before Timothy McVeigh detonated his truck bomb in 1995, but officials did not warn federal buildings managers in Oklahoma, according to government documents that detail miscommunications similar to those in the pre-Sept. 11 intelligence failures.

"It is the lack of coordination - intelligence going one way, and then going into a black hole," said Robert Sanders, a former top law enforcement official who reviewed documents obtained by The Associated Press.

... documents show two separate federal law enforcement agencies had information before the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing that suggested white supremacists living nearby were considering an attack on government buildings.

In fact, officials at FBI headquarters in Washington were so worried that white separatists at the Elohim City compound in Muldrow, Okla., might lash out on April 19, 1995 - the day Timothy McVeigh chose - that a month earlier they questioned a reformed white supremacist familiar with an earlier plot to bomb the same Murrah Building that McVeigh selected

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2024, 10:45:27 am »

I never said white straight males can't have an opinion.  But if a straight white male is so unaware of societal bias to hold the delusion that he is not privileged but rather persecuted than he is entitled. 

You can hold an opinion, but if you are delusional you will be called out.
That's a straw man argument at best. You are saying I have the right but I don't have the right based solely on your opinion. In the words of Malcolm X " “The White liberal is the worst enemy to America and the worst enemy to the Black man ...  Now the White liberals aren’t White people who are for independence, who are liberal, who are moral, who are ethical in their thinking, they are just a faction of White people who are jockeying for power"

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2024, 11:46:48 am »

That's a straw man argument at best. You are saying I have the right but I don't have the right based solely on your opinion.

You can hold any opinion you want....but claiming that straight white Christian males are a persecuted group in the US has the same legitimacy (or lack thereof) as claiming that freeing the slaves was an unfair violation of the 5th amendment taking clause, that the Jews perscuted the Nazis from 1933 to 1945, or the earth is flat.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2024, 12:43:12 pm »

Racism exists but it is more over reported than anything else in the world so they can create division. As Candace Owens would say, it's to keep the black's mentally on the plantation because they want them to believe the world is stacked against them.
Consider that maybe your favored news outlets overreport a "war" on the police (the single most powerful unions in the country), white people (the demographic racial majority in this country), and Christianity (the majority religion in this country) because they want white Christians to believe society is stacked against them.

I never saw Al-Qaeda either but I saw 2 towers fall and thousands die.
To be clear: were you in NYC on 9/11?  Or do you mean you "saw" pictures and videos of the towers falling and people dying?

Multiple churches and synagogues have been shot up by white supremacists more recently than 9/11, but you insist racism is a relic of the past.

No one cares what holidays you celebrate. Just don't take away mine. Much like Disney ... they would be much more successful in their quest to have woke movies succeed if they created new movies instead of wiping out the white people in the classics.
Then I have some great news for you!

1) No one has proposed taking away the holiday of Christmas.
2) The classics, like the 1937 release of Snow White and the 1988 release of The Little Mermaid, still contain fictional characters that are white, and this will remain so for the rest of your life!

Releasing a new, different movie in 2025 is not "wiping out the classics."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 12:46:49 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray