Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:16:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tyreek Hill's contract has been reworked to again be highest paid WR in the NFL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tyreek Hill's contract has been reworked to again be highest paid WR in the NFL  (Read 540 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« on: August 03, 2024, 09:21:49 pm »

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1819792634816397686

"Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill and the Dolphins reached agreement on a restructured contract worth $90 million over the next three years that includes $65 million guaranteed... This brings the four-year total of fully guaranteed money to $106.5 million, the most ever for any receiver. No new years were added to the deal.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tyreek-hill-contract-dolphins-restructure-90m-deal-guaranteeing-65m-over-next-three-seasons/
« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 09:25:59 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Sibster

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2024, 08:32:38 am »

He's a badass.   He's earned it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2024, 11:54:38 am »

So the Dolphins are paying a player more money without getting anything in return. 

I am not impressed with Chris Grier. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2024, 10:04:15 pm »

They are paying him money they have already agreed to pay him.  They moved it forward from later in the contract, because he has outperformed his contract so far.

Tyreek Hill was just voted the #1 player in the NFL by his fellow players.  He has earned that contract modification.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2024, 09:03:32 pm »

Be rather stupid to sign Tua to all that money without paying the most important guy that makes Tua as effective as he is.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2024, 04:38:05 am »

Problem is... we got to pay the rest of the team somehow.

We ain't gonna do it with this. There's too way much guaranteed money in these latest contracts.

Everything now is literally all tied up in 3-6 players... which is fine, if you are Superbowl champions and the others can get additional $$$ outside of NFL earnings.

If they can't... your top 3-6 players better be damn good for the rest of the player list, or else you're gonna lose. Players, and any sense of competitiveness.

All of our poker chips are in this season... after that, it's not gonna be good.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 05:39:32 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2024, 10:32:58 am »

Problem is... we got to pay the rest of the team somehow.

We ain't gonna do it with this. There's too way much guaranteed money in these latest contracts.

Everything now is literally all tied up in tied up in 3-6 players... which is fine, if you are Superbowl champions and the others can get additional $$$ outside of NFL earnings.

If they can't... your top 3-6 players better be damn good for the rest of the player list, or else you're gonna lose. Players, and any sense of competitiveness.

All of our poker chips are in this season... after that, it's not gonna be good.
This is why the draft is so important. All those rookies, 2nd and 3rd year players before they get their first real contract need to be the bulk of your roster today. You only have enough cap space to pay a half dozen or so of the top 100 players in the league. Every team has this problem, not just the Dolphins.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray