Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 04:29:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Re: Nets 10 game winning streek...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Re: Nets 10 game winning streek...  (Read 4703 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: January 11, 2006, 05:41:43 pm »

Why is basketball so terrible. Its the same thing:

Team X is a .500 team - example Nets
Team X gets a string of game against poop teams
Team X wins say 8 out of 10 of those games thus going nicely over .500
Team X who seemingly was a good team due to a weak stretch of games loses 8 of the next 10 games because they actually play decent teams
Team X finishes year at 4 games over .500 to make playoffs with the other 7 .500 teams and the one team that won 55 games that is actually good.

You forgot to mention that roughly 6 teams have won the past 20 or so championships.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 06:48:19 pm »

Channing Frye is a fucking stud. I loved the kid when he was with UofA but damn he is battling Chris Paul for Rookie of the Year honors this season. He averaged 22.5 ppg last week and he is getting less playing time lately. He has been tearing shit up all year. Not a fan of the Knicks but I have watched a few games to see Frye play.

Picking Channing Frye makes Isaiah Thomas look like a genius.  He has proven quite adept at playing both the 4 and 5 positions.  Everyone said he was more of a scorer than a rebounder, but he's proven a lot of people wrong.  Playing for Larry Brown can only help him.    If Eddy Curry can step up his defensive game and stay healthy.... well you just might have another version of the Twin Towers.  

By the way, I remember the pre-Ewing days.  I was around 7 or 8, but I remember when Bernard King could score 50 points on any given night, and Bill Cartwright could pull down 20 boards.   Cartwright, King, Pat Cummings, Rory Sparrow, Darrel Walker, Floyd Bannister, and Trent Tucker.... the coach was none other than legendary TV announcer Hubie Brown.  
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 06:52:00 pm by YoFuggedaboutit » Logged
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 08:30:40 pm »

Hot Damn!!  The Knicks pull off another overtime thriller knocking off the Dallas Mavericks IN DALLAS!!!  Now they've taken out two playoff caliber teams.  Watch out Atlantic Division!!!!!
CRASSMONSTER
Uber Member

F U Crassmonster me anywhere

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 05:11:01 pm »

YOOOOOOO!!!

FUCK THE HEAT there going down....FEB 4th...Go Kidd and Raptor your just jeolous that Carter can actually win a Championship or get to the finals with a REAL team that has been in the playoffs 4 outta the last 5 times.....

It's been a while.......
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 05:22:18 pm »

YOOOOOOO!!!

FUCK THE HEAT there going down....FEB 4th...Go Kidd and Raptor your just jeolous that Carter can actually win a Championship or get to the finals with a REAL team that has been in the playoffs 4 outta the last 5 times.....

Carter aint shit.  He tends to disappear in the playoffs.... just like Chris Webber.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 05:35:04 pm »

YOOOOOOO!!!

Not jealous, just pissed off that he turned his back on the team. and that babcock traded him for nothing,
CRASSMONSTER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 05:39:49 pm »

I'm Happt 51 points...The 3 Pointer to win the game the incrdible sliver to the hoop....

Ahhhh Kidd and Carted + Jefferson and Kristeg (SP)

It's been a while.......
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 06:52:30 pm »

I'm Happt 51 points...The 3 Pointer to win the game the incrdible sliver to the hoop....

Ahhhh Kidd and Carted + Jefferson and Kristeg (SP)

Hey Crass...Dr Thomas Ormley from the United Nations' Translation Division just called. He wants to know what fukkin language you were speaking there?

(welcome back, Crass...we missed your frito-drivin' ass around here)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CRASSMONSTER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 08:06:59 am »

Si yo no hablo españiol

It's been a while.......
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray