Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:31:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Stressing out....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stressing out....  (Read 2751 times)
bsfins
« on: February 01, 2006, 04:54:25 pm »

I want to know what do you do when you stress out?

For me,it depends on what it is...

My family
My mom has been in and out of the hospital,I'm concerned about her.

So,I'm stressed about her....

I tend to require less sleep,I go and go,I hardly eat.I'll get up at 5 am workout,do household chores,grab breakfast,go see her at the hospital by 8 - 8:30,spend all day with her,5 oclock run home let the dogs out grab a sandwhich,head back to the Hospital.Around 9 pm head home,finish chores,get to bed between 11-12.

Financial
Lately,My budget has almost doubled,yet my income has dropped.We're slow at work,I've done alot less investigating,and alot more desk jockeying.I'm looking for a different job.

This type of stress,I'm exausted,yet I can't get to sleep.I'll lay there and toss and turn thinking about what can I do.I then sleep for a few hours,feeling horrible all day,grumpy,just trying to get through the day.I eat more,I feel constantly hungry,I tend to workout alot more also.My Sex drive tends to gointo overdrive though. That Fat Ugly chick in the next office building,I start to wonder what type of underwear she wears,is she bald,or has a welcome mat.Screamer or moaner.

General loserdom

I'm 30,haven't dated in awhile,I take care of my mom,I don't own a house,I don't have a career,I have a job.Not sure where i'm going or what I want..

This stress,I don't sleep as in financial,I tend to eat normally,and Workout normally.I get creative,want to build things,I get big ideas,then sit on them.I don't tell anyone about things I've come up with,I write them down.I tend to get motivated to an extent,I tend to make big decisions on things in my life...I'm going to sell my truck.Use the money to fix this truck,and help pay for this...then realize that it's not practical.What the hell was I thinking? My sex drive falls through the floor,A hot chick can flash me,and give me her number...I look at the number and ponder...Why? I get real self concious.barely leave the house.

jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 05:18:58 pm »

When I stress out, I punch, kick, and break things.
30 minutes later, I feel great.
Some say I act "like a baby", and others say I "am immature", but I get it out quick, and then it's over, no more worrying about it.  Plus, it leaves a visual reminder to anyone who dare mess me up.... Smiley

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 06:03:42 pm »

I snap at the drop of a hat. If I am really stressed about anything stay out of the room and try to not even look at me if you do happen to walk in.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 06:32:57 pm »

I'm not the stress type.  I adhere to the philosophy of stoicism.  If it's out of my control, it's not worth worrying about.  This does not always work, of course, but for the most part, stupid crap never sets me off, and I seldom need to go all "Jtex" on anyone.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 07:30:50 pm »

I tend to require less sleep,I go and go,I hardly eat.I'll get up at 5 am workout,do household chores,grab breakfast,go see her at the hospital by 8 - 8:30,spend all day with her,5 oclock run home let the dogs out grab a sandwhich,head back to the Hospital.Around 9 pm head home,finish chores,get to bed between 11-12.
That sounds like my summer of '89.  I'd sometimes go straight from work to the hospital and then back to work in the morning.  It was a long summer.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 07:52:04 pm »

I'm not the stress type.  I adhere to the philosophy of stoicism.  If it's out of my control, it's not worth worrying about.  This does not always work, of course, but for the most part, stupid crap never sets me off, and I seldom need to go all "Jtex" on anyone.

As do I!   Grin
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 07:52:26 pm »

wow B, sounds like you're dealing with a lot of crap right now.  Hang in there.

crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 08:27:36 pm »

I get some coke and strippers... the rest is self explainatory.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 08:54:49 pm »

I really don't stress too much...I prefer the old "don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff" philosophy (or was that "don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff?"...I forget). I know you guys will never believe this, seeing as how I'm such a straight-laced stuffed shirt and all, but I usually use humor to deal with stress.  Shocked

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 08:57:45 pm »

I posted this,because I was out walking,and I thought about fast my habits changed.I realized that,the day my mom got out of the hospital,my Stress changed,all the sudden I couldn't sleep.My Stress went from worring about my mom,to my general loserdom.

wow B, sounds like you're dealing with a lot of crap right now.  Hang in there.

Thanks UK,My mom has had 2 stays in the Hospital in just over a month.She also
found out she's diabetic,they thought she had a heart condition,then she Jaundice.All the meds they put her on in December,(which she only needed the insulin),caused an inflamation of her Liver.(hepatitus,non contagious type)

She has to have her Gall bladder taken out as soon as her Live heals.Both My older sisters,have had thier Gall Bladders out,(both also Diabetic)both were sick for 3- 6 months after their gall bladder was removed.

I didn't mean to give her medical history....But It's like chasing our own tail...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray