Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 08:02:02 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  You're the GM - Green Bay Packers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You're the GM - Green Bay Packers  (Read 2599 times)
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: February 20, 2006, 02:13:11 pm »

Your team has just hired a new head coach, your team has sucked for a lot of years in a row now, your running back situation is riddeled with season-ending injuries, your defense is pathetic, at best, Donald Driver is also coming back from an injury...and then you have this whole Brett Favre saga to deal with.

How in the HELL do you turn that mess around?

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 02:29:28 pm »

Start by getting rid of favre, and turning the franchise over to aaron rodgers, and fill in from their. Offensive line is a major concern, and any cap money you have must be spent on the defensive side of the ball.

Getting the favre ordeal out of the way is the major stumbling block on the packers road to recovery.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 02:49:07 pm »

I thought it was Jevon Walker that got injured not Donald Driver?

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 03:00:58 pm »

I thought it was Jevon Walker that got injured not Donald Driver?

Yeah, I think you're right. 

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
bsfins
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 04:42:15 pm »

Damn,I'm getting tired of fixing al the other teams crap.... Roll Eyes

I think you keep a D-coordinator for more than a year.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 05:17:52 pm »

* A lot of what GB does this offseason will be based on the health of Javon Walker and their O-line, as well as which decision they want to go with their running game.

* If Javon Walker is coming back completely healthy to go with D-Driver, then I think GB is OK at WR, but since Bubba Franks is only good for 1 yard catches these days, I'd go after one of that top-6 group of TEs in round two...Marcedes Lewis or Dominique Byrd, if either are available.

* Grab whichever of the top two defensive players is there at #5 overall, Mario Williams or A.J. Hawk. GB needs to add some young fire to that weak D, and either of these guys would do that.

* Decide whether you're resigning Ahman or Najeh...but Samkon Gado is not the answer. Adding another RB in the late draft rounds would be a decent move.

* Everyone seems to be focusing on GB's O-line health, but I'm interested in seeing what new OC Jagodzinksi and OL coach, who both prefer a zone blocking scheme with smaller quicker blockers, do with the existing personnel. Most of the current group doesn't fit that style at all, so I fully expect to see GB rebuild their O-line from the ground up this offseason. Resigning Ruegamer would be a good move, since he's the closest to fitting the zone blocking scheme and he can play all 3 internal line positions. If you're rebuilding a line, that flexibility could come in handy.

* Talk Favre into coming back for one more season, but make it crystal clear to Brett that Aaron Rodgers will be taking late-game snaps away as the next logical step of his development.

* Start scouting the top-5 players in the 2007 draft class, because the Packers won't turn things around very quickly.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray