Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 06:20:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Culpepper Trade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Culpepper Trade  (Read 2161 times)
NextSeason

« on: March 09, 2006, 07:45:50 pm »

Personally, I'd prefer Brees.  I think Culpepper got exposed without his #1 receiver.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-daunte030906,0,4617698.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Culpepper trade imminent?

By Alex Marvez
Sun-Sentinel.com
Posted March 9 2006, 6:21 PM EST

The Dolphins are one of the teams that have spoken to the Minnesota Vikings about a possible trade for quarterback Daunte Culpepper, FOXSports.com reported Thursday.

A source said the Vikings began actively shopping Culpepper on Wednesday night after he sent an email to Minnesota media earlier in the day petitioning the franchise for a trade or his release.

LocalLinks

Oakland was one of the teams contacted, the source said, while the New York Jets, Baltimore, St. Louis and Arizona are considered potential suitors.

The Vikings are willing to take less than first-round compensation for Culpepper, the source said. If he can't be dealt, Minnesota is expected to release Culpepper before he is due to collect a $6 million roster bonus later this month.

ESPN reported that the Vikings are seeking to trade Culpepper within the next 24 hours with the Dolphins and Raiders considered the frontrunners. The free-agent signing period is set to begin at 12:01 a.m. Friday, but a 24-hour delay is expected so teams and agents can digest the financial impact of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement that was finalized Wednesday night between the NFL and its players' union.

The Dolphins are in the market for a new starting quarterback and Culpepper could fit the bill. But any trade would be contingent upon Culpepper passing a physical, which isn't necessarily a given since he tore three knee ligaments last October against Carolona.

Before a rift with team management began last season, the 29-year-old Culpepper was considered one of the NFL's top quarterbacks. But the three-time Pro Bowl player experienced a dreadful 2005 campaign before getting injured, having thrown six touchdowns and 12 interceptions while posting a 2-5 starting record.

[/quote/
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 07:56:01 pm »

See the thread I just posted in Around the NFL forum. Apparently, a deal is done.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 07:57:46 pm by Philly Fin Fan » Logged

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
JMoney13

JMoney134u
Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 08:26:59 pm »

Culp wasn't exposed withouth Moss.  I don't understand why people say this, they must forget that in 2004 Moss only play in about half of the games and Culp still put up MVP #'s.  My main worry is his injury.

2005 TDMMC Fantasy Baseball Champion
NYFin
Uber Member

Now in D.C.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 01:11:23 pm »

I think Culpepper's main problem is the mental aspect of the game and that that more than anything else explains how hot and cold he runs.  I think it was the loss of Linehan *and* Frerotte (who was a mentor for Daunte) that undid him more than anything else.  Sure, not having Moss hurt since Daunte's arm + Moss's ability to fetch it is something special that doesn't involve lots of mental command.  But I think the main thing behind the breakdown was the loss of his stabilizing forces.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray