Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 07:39:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  so long sager
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: so long sager  (Read 2896 times)
Predatory_Fins
« on: March 11, 2006, 09:25:08 pm »

Welp time to say goodbye to the age of sage...

Dolphins free-agent backup quarterback Sage Rosenfels agreed to terms with the Houston Texans Saturday on a four-year deal worth $7 million, including a $2 million signing bonus, according to a source.

Rosenfels, 28, originally drafted by the Redskins in 2001, has been primarily a backup for the Dolphins since 2002. He made his first start in the 2004 season finale against the Ravens. Last season, he was beat out for the starting job by Gus Frerotte, however, an injured finger sustained by Frerotte gave Rosenfels his second career start against the Browns on Nov. 20.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 09:41:34 pm »

Holy shit!!!!  I didn't know a backup QB could get that much!!!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 10:24:17 pm »

Wow.

The amazing thing was how many visits Sage had set up. I read today that he was scheduled to meet with the Browns, the Bengals, the Jets, and the Ravens later this week.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 08:05:45 am »

I would've rather kept him than Gus.  He did a great job coming off the bench and leading this team to 2 come-from-behind victories. 
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 12:23:39 pm »

I would've rather kept him than Gus.  He did a great job coming off the bench and leading this team to 2 come-from-behind victories. 

Word.

I was one of the minority hoping Sage would get the start last season over Gus.  Like the commercial said... "The world may never know".
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 06:02:09 pm »

Word.

I was one of the minority hoping Sage would get the start last season over Gus.  Like the commercial said... "The world may never know".

He did get a start last season.... and did a horrible job.  He's better suited coming off the bench.  Some QB's (Don Strock) are good like that. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 07:19:00 pm »

Am I the only one who thinks that Houston is overpaying BOTH its quarterbacks? (Carr and Sage, not sure who they have besides those two)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 08:36:34 pm »

He did get a start last season.... and did a horrible job.  He's better suited coming off the bench.  Some QB's (Don Strock) are good like that. 

Dude,  you know Gus was the favorite from preseason on to be starter,  he was Linehan's boy,  that's why they brought him down from MN.  Sage had no chance,  hell,  he could've led this team to 2 comeback victories, opened up the pass offense by actually placing the ball in the WR's hands and actually hitting on deep routes.  Oh wait that happened,  n/m   Wink   Seriously though,  they gave Feeley, Fiedler and Frerotte a season to prove himself,  Sage just got his chance as a backup role.

P.S.  Don't bring up the Browns game 'cause not even Gus could bring their ass back in the second half. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray