Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 01:23:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  dolfan stan says ? brees vs culpepper
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Who would you rather have?
Drew Brees   -7 (77.8%)
Daunte Culpepper   -2 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: dolfan stan says ? brees vs culpepper  (Read 1960 times)
dolfanstan

Go Phins !

Email
« on: March 12, 2006, 10:57:01 pm »

Drew Brees or Culpepper.. ?

Both coming off season injuries....

If healthy... no question either will do...

Have seen Culpepper play at UCF...

Culpepper to Chambers would  be awesome..

I think whoever we get... there shouldn't be any guaranteed money.

Base Incentives with performence..

If the Saints are going to break open the bank for Brees then so be it...

dolfan stan 2006

email me your address and I'll get you a dolfan stan card mailed to you for FREE !

dolfanstan13@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 11:33:02 am by Dave Gray » Logged

dolfan stan 2006
Miami Dolphins SEASON Ticket Holder
NYFin
Uber Member

Now in D.C.

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 11:31:13 am »

Culpepper has more potential than Brees.  He has a much stronger arm.  He has better mobility.  He's played at a level Drew Brees never has.

On the other hand, he's more of a risk in three ways.  First, he's more injured.  Second, he's more unpredictable in his performance and less steady as a QB in his decisions on the field.  Third, he might be a self-absorbed asshole that's willing to turn on his teammates if it means increasing perception of his status and getting paid.  That might not be the case...but he's at least self-absored, immature and a bit of a moron.

Brees, Brees does not a strong arm.  And while the Dolphins have good short-to-mid-range weapons, they don't have Gates and LT.  But even when you consider all his cons, it's hard to imagine Brees being anything other than a steady leader that won't lose games and will sometimes help you win. 

Eh, overpay him.  It's the price paid for neglecting the position for so long.  Then move on to building that defense through the draft and shoring up that line.  Dolphins look like they're trying to sign LJ Shelton and get him "coached up" by Houcke.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 11:34:33 am »

I like Drew Brees better.  I think Daunte doesn't fit our system.  He's a good player, but he's a risk/reward guy.  He throws TDs, but makes a lot of mistakes.  I think that our offense is better suited for a running game, and a smart, short passing game, without mistakes.  I think that Brees is just a better fit for us, plus he's a few years younger, and doesn't have the attitude issues.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray