Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 03:53:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Former Dolphins signing elsewhere
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Former Dolphins signing elsewhere  (Read 9341 times)
bsfins
« on: March 10, 2008, 01:22:18 am »

I thought I'd go ahead and restart this thread...

I saw on the NFL network according to the Palm beach post RB Jesse Chatman signs a 1 year deal with the Jets....
Modified to add link to the story...
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2008/03/09/chatman_signs_with_jets.html

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 01:26:29 am by Lil B » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 01:23:22 am »

Really?  I thought he'd be on the roster with us.  That's too bad.  I liked what he brought for us.  I guess I can't be that bummed about a #3 RB, though.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 01:31:14 am »

He was a free agent.  What can you do?? 

He won't get much playing time behind Thomas Jones and Leon Washington unless one of them gets hurt.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 01:32:04 am »

I didn't realize he was a free agent.  I thought he was still under contract and got released or something.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 01:38:43 am »

I didn't realize he was a free agent.  I thought he was still under contract and got released or something.

Nope.  We were debating at the end of the season whether or not to keep Patrick Cobbs because of his impending free agency. 

This doesn't hurt us one bit.  We've still got Ronnie, Ricky, and Booker, plus we re-signed Cobbs.  If there's one thing we don't need, it's another RB.
Marley09

i'm rich bitch!

taylor_higgins803@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 05:21:19 pm »

do you think booker will get some quality playing time next year? with ronnie and williams there too i dont know how that's going to work...
Tepop84
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 05:36:34 pm »

He isn't really good, so it isn't a big loss.
bsfins
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 06:32:36 pm »

Interesting Tidbit,on Cleo Lemon from Peter King's monday morning QB....
2. I think I must be missing something on Cleo Lemon. Of course, all of these free-agent contracts are a little ridiculous, but the Lemon one strikes me as odd for a guy who, barring a stunning development, will be strictly a backup in Jacksonville. The Jags paid Lemon a 2008 roster bonus of $2.95 million (which he'll certainly earn), with salaries over three years of $605,000, $1.695 million and $2.4 million, along with $750,000 in likely-to-be-earned incentives. Three and a half million this year for Cleo Lemon? Wow. Even with a $116 million cap, that one's a stunner to me.

I really had no opinion either way with Cleo...but I do now...Bye Bye....Thanks for playing....
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 08:37:58 pm »

just read on espn, Browns sign hadnot, and Trent green agrees to a 3 year deal by the rams.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 08:51:09 pm »

I have a post on Trent Green, this is 100% proof that there's a coach out there dumber then Cameron, sad thing is this coach came from the Dolphins.

ST. LOUIS (AP)—Trent Green, who ended last season on injured reserve after his second concussion in 13 months, agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the St. Louis Rams on Monday.

In his second stint with the Rams, Green will be the backup behind Marc Bulger. He was supposed to be the starter in 1999 before a preseason knee surgery paved the way for Kurt Warner, who led the Rams to their first Super Bowl victory.

Green visited Rams Park last week and had been mulling a decision whether to keep playing. He replaces Gus Frerotte as Bulger’s backup.

“We have now solidified our quarterback position,” coach Scott Linehan said. “You will be hard-pressed to find the quality we have at that position.”

Both Green and Bulger have played in two Pro Bowls.

Green was released by the Dolphins last month. He played for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2001-06, starting every game the first five seasons and the first game of 2006 for a franchise-record 81-game streak.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 09:48:11 pm »

The entire Rams organization is as stupid as the Dolphins (used to be?).  They have f-dup draft after draft and I'm sure they will do some more stupid things before the season starts.

BTW - I mentioned this in chat on TDMMC Sat night.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 09:56:41 pm »

Green goes back to the site where he helped Kurt Warner become a star by getting hurt.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 10:27:32 pm »

I can't fathom why the Rams think Green has three years left in him.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 10:28:54 pm »

I can't fathom why the Rams think Green has three years left in him.

He knows that system very well, but I think Bulger is still the starter.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 03:06:36 am »

I think the Rams are the ones that were hit in the head........... Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray