Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 10:26:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2008 NFL DRAFT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL DRAFT  (Read 27791 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 04:49:27 pm »

Wow. Jax gave up their 1st, two 3rd rounders and a 5th rounder to move up.

Thanks for reporting this, Philly.  That's actually less than I was expecting but still pretty costly.  They pretty much butchered their draft.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 04:54:18 pm »

Jets got Gholston, who owned Jake Long in college. Not sure how I feel about that.

It only takes one sack to own someone? Outstanding...the 49ers Manny Lawson owns Seattle's studly LT Walter Jones then.

Or wait...maybe it was just a fluke on Lawson's (and Gholston's) part. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 04:56:07 pm »

It only takes one sack to own someone? Outstanding...the 49ers Manny Lawson owns Seattle's studly LT Walter Jones then.

Or wait...maybe it was just a fluke on Lawson's (and Gholston's) part. Wink

You more than anyone should realize that stats/numbers aren't everything. He was the only defensive end who ever gave Long a difficult time. And this is going back over their collegiate careers, not just this past season.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
bsfins
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 04:56:25 pm »

Wow Mayo this early? I thought alot of experts had him going later...
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 04:56:36 pm »

Wow Mayo this early? I thought alot of experts had him going later...

Yeah, who the hell is Jerod Mayo??  It's obvious they need LB help, and I'm sure they were targeting Keith Rivers, but Cincy gobbled him up at #9. 

Dan Connor would've been a better selection. 
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 05:01:18 pm »

And Buffalo follows up with an even more baffling selection.  Needing DB help and with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie as well as Mike Jenkins and Aquib Talib available, they take Leodis McKelvin.... a guy who wasn't expected to go until the second round.
DolFan619
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 05:02:22 pm »

I figured the Bills would take Devin Thomas, even though it would've been a little bit high for him.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 05:10:53 pm »

Jax gets an F already in the draft.  What MORONS!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 05:17:03 pm »

they take Leodis McKelvin.... a guy who wasn't expected to go until the second round.

2nd round??? Three different sources I'm looking at had him projected as a 1st rounder. Granted, he was usually the 3rd OR 4th CB (behind Mike Jenkins, Antone Cason and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie), but he was 1st round talent. Mike Mayock said he was his highest rated CB.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 05:21:34 pm »

If you guys are hanging near the PC today, blogtalkradio.com/finsradio has a chat room running all day with the radio show.

I drink your milkshake!
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 05:25:19 pm »

WTF man, the Chiefs are making hella moves why aren't the phins doing this?
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 05:26:03 pm »

2nd round??? Three different sources I'm looking at had him projected as a 1st rounder. Granted, he was usually the 3rd OR 4th CB (behind Mike Jenkins, Antone Cason and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie), but he was 1st round talent. Mike Mayock said he was his highest rated CB.

Two media guides I'm looking at have him in the second round. 
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 05:26:42 pm »

KC just traded with Detroit and drafted Virginia G Branden Albert at #15.  Good pick for them at this spot, but what did they give up?
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2008, 05:27:20 pm »

WTF man, the Chiefs are making hella moves why aren't the phins doing this?

They had a lot more picks to work with I guess. Remember, they picked up 2 3rd rounders (plus the first) from Minnesota this week. The Fins have a lot of picks, put compensatory picks can't be traded.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 05:32:48 pm by Philly Fin Fan » Logged

Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2008, 05:28:05 pm »

KC just traded with Detroit and drafted Virginia G Branden Albert at #15.  Good pick for them at this spot, but what did they give up?

17th overall, 3rd round (66) and 5th round (136)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray