Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 12:28:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Chiefs to ban standing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Chiefs to ban standing  (Read 3773 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: July 02, 2008, 10:02:33 am »

I know this is a hot topic, but usually with older fans. I think this is going overboard.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Fans-are-asked-to-treat-Chiefs-games-like-bowlin?urn=nfl,91291
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:59:33 am »

If you're not allowed to stand during the game, what are you supposed to do if you need to use the bathroom...low crawl to it?

This is PC sports at it's extreme goofiest.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 11:09:29 am »

^^^ I already just use the stadium cups to keep from missing any of the game. The people beside me usually aren't too happy but that's not my problem.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 11:28:58 am »

As long as you remain seated while pissing in your stadium cup, how could they complain?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 01:38:33 pm »

As long as you remain seated while pissing in your stadium cup, how could they complain?

Some of us aren't that blessed to be able to do that!!  Wink Grin

It's usually rare but sometimes there are one or two people that are obnoxious about standing.  I don't have an issue as long as it's not over enforced. Actually ... I don't see how it could be.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:40:26 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ethurst2
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 12:26:27 am »

This is really absurd.

So when the Chiefs need a defensive stand and the fans rise to chant defense, are you going to revoke their season tickets or throw them out?

If you've ever watched a Chiefs game at Arrowhead, it definitely is a different experience. It's like a college atmosphere and the tailgating is the best in the country. Arrowhead is in the top five as one of the hardest places for an opposing team to play.

The Chiefs just took away the 12th man when this year, they will need all the help that they can get.

Fans don't stand the whole game, just when key moments happen.

This is why I'm starting to turn away from the NFL. It seems like the common die hard fan suffers from a few of the elitist fans who rather sit there and talk about their stocks on their cell phone while Larry Johnson is breaking a 60 yard TD run. I wonder how many more teams are going to adopt this policy.

I wish that Dolphin Stadium was as loud as Arrowhead Stadium. What a dumb rule!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 08:25:44 pm »

I get irritated when people stand the whole game.  It doesn't make you any louder to stand, so I don't know what that's all about.  That argument seems pretty fruitless.

This is probably a non-rule.  ...one that exists, but will not be enforced.  And it specifically talks about prolonged standing.

I consider the die-hard fan to be one that pays attention to the game and cheers for his or her team to win.  In my experience, its the drunks who get loud and obnoxious and stand and yell the whole time are a distraction, and erroneously considered die-hard.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 08:38:35 am »

I think that depends on the stadium and section possibly though Dave. If I went to the Dog Pound and everyone was sitting through most of the game it just wouldn't be the same.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 04:06:53 pm »

Good point.  I normally sit in the corner of the upperdeck.  It's good form to stand and cheer after a big play, but only the drunks stand up during plays.  I suppose a goal-line stand, sitting behind the endzone, is a different situation.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 04:16:48 pm »

Good point.  I normally sit in the corner of the upperdeck.  It's good form to stand and cheer after a big play, but only the drunks stand up during plays.  I suppose a goal-line stand, sitting behind the endzone, is a different situation.

Or when your defense needs a third down stop and you want to get loud for them.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 04:38:46 pm »

Standing doesn't make you loud.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 05:11:36 pm »

standing doesn't make you loud, but its easier to be loud if you stand.

Not only that but if one person in the front row stands to cheer, everyone else behind them realizes that they need to do the same, and it makes the crowd, as a whole, louder.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 11:05:04 am »

This is all bullshit anyway.  If the NFL really wanted to stop rowdy behavior and make for a nice environment, they'd ban alcohol.  But that will never happen.  Nor should it.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 11:25:05 am »

If the NFL really wanted to stop rowdy behavior and make for a nice environment, they'd ban alcohol.

If the NFL really wanted to stop rowdy behavior and make for a nice environment, they should've gone into the professional badmnton business instead...

~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 08:42:55 pm »

If the NFL really wanted to stop rowdy behavior and make for a nice environment, they should've gone into the professional badmnton business instead...

You must have never been to a good badminton match then.  They can get crazier than an English soccer match.   Riots, looting, overturned cars Smiley

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray