Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 12:19:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Watching Brady Quinn play last night
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Watching Brady Quinn play last night  (Read 16764 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2008, 10:38:44 am »

He played last night and looked good.... he might end up starting the season opener if Derek Anderson can't go. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20080828005&prov=ap
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2008, 02:06:44 pm »

Maybe you could become a Browns' fan if you love Brady Quinn so much.

http://www.dawgbones.com/phBB//index.php
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008, 02:13:26 pm »

^ Really?  WhyTF do we even have a thread about him on here?  He is not on the Dophins, he never has been on the Dophins, and probably never will be on the Dolphins.  It's been over a year.  Time to put it to rest.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 02:21:10 pm »

^^^ You know who else looks good? About 87% of the league which were players passed over by former Dolphins regimes. Maybe we should start threads about them?

Matt Ryan has looked great this pre-season. I don't believe that Parcells passed him over!!!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2008, 02:24:31 pm »

^ Really?  WhyTF do we even have a thread about him on here?  He is not on the Dophins, he never has been on the Dophins, and probably never will be on the Dolphins.  It's been over a year.  Time to put it to rest.

Because this is the Around the NFL section.  Where you post threads about players/teams that are NOT the Dolphins. 
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2008, 02:34:24 pm »

^^^ You know who else looks good? About 87% of the league which were players passed over by former Dolphins regimes. Maybe we should start threads about them?

Matt Ryan has looked great this pre-season. I don't believe that Parcells passed him over!!!

QFT

Marcus Tullius Cicero
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2008, 02:36:12 pm »

Good point Philly.  The thing is, we passed him over to fill a position of great need. 

Whereas Brady Quinn was a position of need when he was available and WR was not.  Plus, you don't draft a kick returner in the first round when you're coming off a 6-10 season.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2008, 02:41:18 pm »

So now you admit this thread is here because the Dolphins passed him over, not because this is around the NFL.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2008, 02:42:46 pm »

Good point Philly.  The thing is, we passed him over to fill a position of great need. 

Whereas Brady Quinn was a position of need when he was available and WR was not.  Plus, you don't draft a kick returner in the first round when you're coming off a 6-10 season.

Vernon Carey played pretty damned good at LT last season. Matt Ryan fell right into our laps, and he was passed over.

(BTW- I am happy with Henne, I am merely stating this for demonstrative purposes)

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2008, 02:42:49 pm »

Brady Quinn was a position of need when he was available and WR was not. 
WR was a position of need, and still is.  quit your bitching.

And stop saying "we drafted a kick returner" because you know FULL WELL that he is a WR.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 02:44:29 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2008, 02:51:35 pm »

Its like trying to explain algebra to a turtle.

That made me laugh.  Grin

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2008, 07:58:37 pm »

Why do some people have a problem with this thread? In my humble opinion it's a perfectly legitimate, and (at times) interesting, topic. The "drafting a kick returner" bit got old fast (as did the "Ginn family" thing), but discussions of Brady Quinn seem quite legitimate to me. That we passed him over (like 12? other teams after us) at a time when quarterback was arguably our greatest need just makes him a bit more interesting to follow.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2008, 09:39:58 pm »

So now you admit this thread is here because the Dolphins passed him over, not because this is around the NFL.

I have every right to discuss this.  Matter of fact, I'm gonna hold Cam Cameron to this as long as he's in the NFL. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray