Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 10:57:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Vitamins?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Vitamins?  (Read 18525 times)
Dphins4me
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 08:57:56 pm »

Dphins4me, have you been reading some of Kevin Trudeau's books (e.g. Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About)?  Seriously.

There was a time when "eating all natural foods" was widely prevalent in the world and there was no Big Pharma infiltrating our lives with countless artificial drugs: anytime before 1800 works.  Feel free to look up the health statistics for that era.

Funny how people are all anti-medical establishment until they get a compound fracture, bladder infection, lung cancer, etc.  Then one of two things happens:

1) you go get some of that evil 21st-century medicine
2) natural selection

P.S. The difference between "alternative medicine" and real medicine is that alternative medicine doesn't work; if it did, it would become part of real medicine.  That's how science works.
Sure, I've read part of the book ( about 6 months ago ), but I was already living my life the way I am now, because this is something I started 4 years ago..   Some of the things in the book I believe, some I'm not so sure about.

Why am I not surprised that you believe health can be found in a bottle?

There is a huge difference between short term medicine & life time medicine.  Life time for the most part is a direct result of life style.   Eat what you want, drink what you want & we have a pill for you.  The medical establishment has done wonders for the things that killed people back in the 1800's.    However, there is no money in the cure & it is about 75% of why our health care is the most expensive in the world.

I believe in medicine, just not the ones that they want to put me on for the rest of my life.   I do not believe in cholesterol medicine.  That stuff will kill your liver & put you in a wheel chair if you take a high dose. 

I do not care what you believe.  Its your health & its my health..  Only you & your family will suffer from your poor health.  Not I.  If you drop dead at an early age of heart disease, cancer then I'm not out anything & do not sit around wondering " how could this happen"  If you think eating out of a box will not hurt you then eat out a box.  I'm not, because I've seen the results of eating a healthier diet.

I stay away from fast food, candy, tap water, sodas ( Especially diet ) & eat what was put on this earth for me to eat.
I still eat a pizza a couple of times a month, so do not think I'm a fanatic about this.  In general I eat very healthy about 85% of the time.

I use to crave fast food.  Now, its not a problem to pass a burger joint.  If I happen to be forced to eat there, then usually I end up with stomach problems ( if you get my drift )

I do not take pain medication, even though I need neck surgery because of a prior injury.  I deal with my pain in other way, instead of putting pain medication into my body.

As far as cancer goes.  Friend of mine had breast cancer.  She had it removed & refused radiation.  Her & her husband checked into a healthier lifestyle & so far years later she is doing great.  Goes to the doctor regularly & no sign.  They are doing something with her PH & eating the things that prevent her body from becoming acidic.  Not up on all that.

So, there you go. 

There was also a story a two years or so ago about how the Gov was trying to force a kid who had cancer to go through the process again.  He & his parents refused, the boy wanted to do alternative methods.  They tried to take the kids away,b but finally settled it & last thing I read about him he was doing better than he ever did on modern medicine.

Believe however you want.  I know eating healthy provide me with more energy, a better looking body & a better outlook on life..  My quality of living has increased since I changed my diet.

Sleep is also an important aspect of good health.
Dphins4me
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 09:05:09 pm »

What "natural remedy" or vitamins should I take to get rid of the blood clots in my lungs?
I gotta say...I LOVE my Dr. He saved my life. If I wouldn't have gone to the ER when I did I would most likely be dead. Check the statistcs on pulmonary embolisms. Scary to think that I've most likely been having blood clot issues for the past few years. (I had gone to the ER before and was told that it was a runnig injury. It was a clot in my leg.).
  That sounds like a real health issue & not a life style issue.  Blood clots are serious & to my knowledge are not a result of lifestyle.

Health is about statsics.  Life is not a guarantee. 

We know if you smoke it increases you chance of getting lung cancer ( That is a fact ) & if you do not then it does not mean you have a 100% chance of not getting lung cancer.  It just means your chances improve by not smoking.

There are cancer cells in our body everyday.  Our body is fighting them, every day.  It just depends on what our body does with those cells that determines if you get cancer.  A healthier lifestyle means a stronger body.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:16:28 pm by Dphins4me » Logged
Dphins4me
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 09:06:37 pm »

There is no such thing as "alternative medicine".  There's only medicine.
  Alternative speaks to non standard as we know it.
Dphins4me
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 09:08:18 pm »

^^^Lay off tap water. Bottled water is the devil, unless you are playing sports or working a job site, then it is convenience.
  Read a report on what is found in your tap water.

Also, I distill my own water.  You should see the crap that is left over.
Dphins4me
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 09:15:14 pm »

Dphins4me, you come off sounding completely nutso there with your "God gave us what we're supposed to eat" stuff. Fine, if you get sick, DON'T GET THE ANTIBIOTICS.

Or maybe God gave us the ability to IMPROVE OURSELVES, to FIND CURES for diseases, to help HEAL AILMENTS.
  Fine, if I come off that way.  Its the way I believe. I believe in God & believe he gave us what we needed to be healthy.   

I've not been sick in 4 years.   Again there is a difference between short term & long term.  Antibiotics while probably prescribed too much are fine.  You take them, you get better.  You stop taking them.  You do not stay on them for the rest of your life.  Nothing wrong with Short term medicine.

Dphins4me
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 09:15:53 pm »

A few thought....

1. I echo fro's statement....

But one common thing college students do that weakens your immune system worse, is consume alcohol.  Drinking drains your body of vitamins.  If you are downing a 6 pack every Friday night you might want to cut that out. 

2.  The weather ... you may have noticed it fluctuates.  The 70 degree days followed by 50 tends to result in a lot of people getting sick, more so than when it is just cold.   Welcome to the Northeast. 

3.  Wash your hands.  Most germs are spread by shaking hands.  And if the other person looks sick -- be rude and don't shake their hands (unless absolutely necessary e.g. job interview)

4. Sleep.  Lack of sleep weakens your immune system. 

5. Drink lots of water/juice. 

We agree on this.
landlocked
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 01:38:39 am »

Damn,Dphins4me comes in here with some logical advice,i.e.,eat healthy and natural and your health may improve,and gets attacked because he mentioned the word God in one sentence.He did not suggest not going to a doctor if one has an emergency or a serious health issue,all he said was that the medical establishment is hellbent on prescribing drugs that we really wouldn't need if we were to take care of our bodies.Nor did he ever suggest that anyone fall down and pray to his God for their health,no,all he did was state that,for him,changing his eating habits has resulted in a much healthier and happier lifestyle.Damn.you guys must be some really uptight assholes!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 01:48:07 am »

I find it interesting when the inevitable anecdote about an acquaintance that refused modern medicine and did Just Fine is trotted out.  Why?

When a person refuses medical treatment and dies, this is not news.  They refused treatment.
When a person accepts medical treatment and lives, this is also not news.  Medical treatments are used because they are proven to work better than doing nothing (or using a salve made of eye of newt, or what have you).

Dphins4me, it is unfortunate that you live in the 21st century and not the 19th, or you would have been able to extol the virtues of all-natural snake oil without the shadow of Big Pharma silencing the Truth.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 02:16:13 am »

Damn,Dphins4me comes in here with some logical advice,i.e.,eat healthy and natural and your health may improve,and gets attacked because he mentioned the word God in one sentence.He did not suggest not going to a doctor if one has an emergency or a serious health issue,all he said was that the medical establishment is hellbent on prescribing drugs that we really wouldn't need if we were to take care of our bodies.Nor did he ever suggest that anyone fall down and pray to his God for their health,no,all he did was state that,for him,changing his eating habits has resulted in a much healthier and happier lifestyle.Damn.you guys must be some really uptight assholes!

One person brought up as a small part of their answer quoted his one sentence. He has hardly been "attacked".
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 03:07:39 am »

That sounds like a real health issue & not a life style issue.  Blood clots are serious & to my knowledge are not a result of lifestyle.

As long as this is acknowledged, I'm fine. It irks me to hear people yap about doctors and eating healthy, etc when I was taking very good care of myself and landed in the hospital. Shit happens. That's what doctors are for.

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 03:28:47 am »

Fine, if I come off that way.  Its the way I believe. I believe in God & believe he gave us what we needed to be healthy. 

I've not been sick in 4 years.   Again there is a difference between short term & long term.  Antibiotics while probably prescribed too much are fine.  You take them, you get better.  You stop taking them.  You do not stay on them for the rest of your life.  Nothing wrong with Short term medicine.

I'd like you to move out of your house now. God didn't give us hammers, bricks, glass, concrete, steel or power tools. Short term, it's OK for you to live there, but long term, God gave you everything you need.
Dphins4me
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 03:30:17 am »

Thank you.  You nailed it.
Dphins4me
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 03:45:41 am »

I find it interesting when the inevitable anecdote about an acquaintance that refused modern medicine and did Just Fine is trotted out.  Why?
  Just passing along a story about someone who refused the treatment for cancer & is living proof.

When a person refuses medical treatment and dies, this is not news.  They refused treatment.
When a person accepts medical treatment and lives, this is also not news.  Medical treatments are used because they are proven to work better than doing nothing (or using a salve made of eye of newt, or what have you)

Dphins4me, it is unfortunate that you live in the 21st century and not the 19th, or you would have been able to extol the virtues of all-natural snake oil without the shadow of Big Pharma silencing the Truth.
  Mock all you want, that is what people do when someone believes something they do not understand.  Its the childish way of dealing with situations.    No where did I say anything about snake oil or eye of newt.  Just proper nutrition will provide you with better health & that health cannot be found in a bottle or medicine..  Medicine. does not make you better, its simply suppresses the systems of your problem.. 

Again I'm not concerned other than having fun here with what you do or believe.  That is the greatest thing about this country & that I understand.  Believe what you want, because you & your family are the only ones that will pay for your beliefs. I simply believe that long term medication for the most part is lifestyle driven. Sit on your couch & eat bad food & pop a pill.  That is just how some people want to live.  Just do not cry about the cost of health care.  This belief is the reason for the cost of health care.

I do not concern myself with what they are charging for health care.  Why?  I'm not using it & that is the greatest thing.  My money goes to a better quality of food instead of feeling bad & having to pay the doctor.

I forgot to ask.  Did you read the book here or did you wait for someone to provide you with your opinion on this subject also?  BTW I cannot quote every word out of this book either, but I guess that means I did not understand it. Roll Eyes
Dphins4me
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 03:56:26 am »

As long as this is acknowledged, I'm fine. It irks me to hear people yap about doctors and eating healthy, etc when I was taking very good care of myself and landed in the hospital. Shit happens. That's what doctors are for.
  Yea, shit happens.    Eating healthy is not a guarantee of great health; genetics, enviorment also play a role in things.  However, if you take 100K of people that eat healthy & 100K of people who don't the statistics will show that eating healthy will benefit you.

I’m not saying anything here that reports on the poor health of the USA has not already said, yet some here are acting as if I just said an alien came down to visit me.

Doctors are fine, never said otherwise.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 04:01:07 am »

Mock all you want, that is what people do when someone believes something they do not understand.  Its the childish way of dealing with situations.    No where did I say anything about snake oil or eye of newt.  Just proper nutrition will provide you with better health & that health cannot be found in a bottle or medicine..  Medicine. does not make you better, its simply suppresses the systems of your problem.. 

It's unfortunate that you mix sound (scientifically proven) advice with specious arguments about the negatives of modern medicine.

There is no question that leading a "healthy life", good diet, regular exercise and enough sleep, is a Good Thing. It reduces your risk of becoming ill and your overall energy levels and moods will be better than if you ate junk food, got too little sleep and were inactive.

Note the word "reduces", however.

Just because your risk of getting e.g. cancer is reduced, it is not zero. The same goes for pretty much every other disease.

So if you are unfortunate enough to get a brain tumor, and I sincerely hope you never are, will you refuse treatment? If your child gets leukemia, will you refuse bone marrow transplants?

I hate the idea of having to take medicine - and fortunately I don't have a chronic disease (that I know of, anyway). Yes, you can manage many cases of e.g. diabetes and high blood pressure through diet and exercise, but that doesn't mean that is the case with all cases or all other diseases, chronic or not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray