Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 03:19:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Biden: Obama Will be 'Tested' by World in First 6 Months of Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Biden: Obama Will be 'Tested' by World in First 6 Months of Administration  (Read 4524 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: October 20, 2008, 08:08:20 pm »

Just something i read, people might find it interesting

Biden: Obama Will be 'Tested' by World in First 6 Months of Administration
Opening an avenue for the McCain campaign to push its candidate's strengths, Joe Biden says an Obama administration would face an international challenge in its first six months.

FOXNews.com

Monday, October 20, 2008

Democratic vice presidential candidate Sen. Joe Biden speaks during a campaign rally in Henderson, Nev. (AP photo)

Barack Obama will face an international crisis early in his presidency, Joe Biden warns, fueling Republican charges that the Democratic presidential candidate's own running mate admits Obama is a blank slate in the face of coming national security threats.

Speaking in Seattle on Sunday, Biden said he could guarantee that the world will want to find out if Obama is up to the job, which he assured voters he is.

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking," Biden said.

"Remember I said it standing here. if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough -- I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's gonna happen," Biden continued.

The Delaware senator's remarks were the second of their kind over the weekend. At a fundraiser in San Francisco, Biden said Obama's challengers will "find out this guy's got steel in his spine" whenhe is tested.

The McCain campaign jumped on Biden's remarks, saying the next president "won't have time to get used to the office."

"Just last night, Senator Biden guaranteed that if Senator Obama is elected, we will have an international crisis to test America's new president," reads a memo from the McCain campaign. "We don't want a president who invites testing from the world at a time when our economy is in crisis and Americans are already fighting in two wars. ...

"Senator Obama wont have the right response, and we know that because we've seen the wrong response from him over and over during this campaign. ... We cannot spend the next four years as we have spent much of the last eight: hoping for our luck to change at home and abroad. We have to act. We need a new direction, and we have to fight for it," the statement said.

During a McCain campaign press conference on Monday, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani also weighed in on the Democratic vice presidential candidate's remarks, saying they reveal that "Biden continues to harbor doubts that Obama is ready to be commander-in-chief."

But Democratic aides said that Biden was merely reciting history and assuring supporters that Obama is the man for the job.

"Sen. Biden was making it clear that history has shown presidents face challenges starting on day one, and with our nation fighting two wars and 21st century threats abroad, we know that we need steady leadership in tumultuous times, not the erratic lurching and stubborn ideology of John McCain," said Biden spokesman David Wade

Democratic strategist and pollster Doug Schoen said Biden's comments are "probably an uncomfortable truth, certainly not what you want as a Democratic strategist for your vice presidential candidate to say....

"But he probably is going to be tested and he hasn't had experience and I'd like to think he'll be up to the task with whatever we face, but politics is about making choices. But the question is given the failures of the Bush administration ... do we want to go in that direction or do we want to go in a different direction?" Schoen asked.

Dphins4me
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 10:21:37 pm »

I heard that & I thought WTF? 

Obama just needs to tell Biden to shut the F up.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 12:09:39 pm »

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking," Biden said.

"Remember I said it standing here. if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough -- I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's gonna happen," Biden continued.

If I had not seen the previous 3 months of the process, I would be very surprised this isn't a bigger deal.  As it it it's pretty much FOX and the conservatives that picked up on this.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 12:23:35 pm »

I don't get it.  What is the big deal?  Biden is 100% right.  And he isn't saying anything anybody with a half a brain didn't already know.

The first wtc bombings occurred early in Clinton's admin, the second early in Bush's. Either McCain or Obama is going to have a test early in the admin.  Biden's awareness and willing to admit this might mean we will be better prepared for it when it happens than baby Bush was.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 12:24:48 pm »

I think this is not very smart politically, because it introduces something new, when Obama just wants to coast in.  However, I don't see this as a negative.  Obama will be tested?  Yeah...so what?  Why is that a problem?

I drink your milkshake!
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 12:27:22 pm »

I don't understand the point of this. I would think that any president will be tested once in office. Why are we supposed to be upset about this?

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 12:59:45 pm »

I don't get it.  What is the big deal?  Biden is 100% right.  And he isn't saying anything anybody with a half a brain didn't already know.

The first wtc bombings occurred early in Clinton's admin, the second early in Bush's. Either McCain or Obama is going to have a test early in the admin.  Biden's awareness and willing to admit this might mean we will be better prepared for it when it happens than baby Bush was.   

Gotta admit......Clinton also was in charge when they attacked a US Navy Warship and almost sank it with a rubber raft full of explosives, and most of the planning for 9/11 was done under his admin .  Bush to his credit made sure the US Mainland was safe. Unfortunately Bin Ladden threatened the US Economy and while no one can say he is directly responsible , he is sitting in a cave somewhere laughing.  Indifferent

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 01:04:18 pm »

Gotta admit......Clinton also was in charge when they attacked a US Navy Warship and almost sank it with a rubber raft full of explosives, and most of the planning for 9/11 was done under his admin .  Bush to his credit made sure the US Mainland was safe. Unfortunately Bin Ladden threatened the US Economy and while no one can say he is directly responsible , he is sitting in a cave somewhere laughing.  Indifferent

And the planning for WTC I bombing was done under Bush I.  And the planning for the next attack which I do fully expect to occur sometime between the SB and Halloween will have occurred under this one, regardless of who takes office. 

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 02:04:25 pm »

And the planning for WTC I bombing was done under Bush I.  And the planning for the next attack which I do fully expect to occur sometime between the SB and Halloween will have occurred under this one, regardless of who takes office. 

You gotta admit the attack on the US Cole was pretty Ballsy. They were upping the ante each time and Bush seems to have knocked the wind out of thier sails. I'm not defending GW by any means.......but I do think he has made Terrorists accountable for thier actions. Hopefully Obama can cash the check when the time comes.  Indifferent

Dphins4me
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 02:31:47 pm »

I think this is not very smart politically, because it introduces something new, when Obama just wants to coast in.  However, I don't see this as a negative.  Obama will be tested?  Yeah...so what?  Why is that a problem?
Do you want someone attacking a US interest-+ just to test the new Pres.  Wouldn't you rather them know what the actions will be from the new Pres.?
Dphins4me
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 02:34:26 pm »

And the planning for WTC I bombing was done under Bush I. 
  Has that been documented or is it your opinion?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 02:36:48 pm »

Has that been documented or is it your opinion?

Yes it has been documented the planning took more than a month. 

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 02:45:15 pm »

I'm not defending GW by any means.......but I do think he has made Terrorists accountable for thier actions. Hopefully Obama can cash the check when the time comes.  Indifferent

I thought he was doing a good job until he decided to quit fighting the terrorists and decided to invade Iraq.
Dphins4me
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 02:47:47 pm »

Yes it has been documented the planning took more than a month. 
I was just asking because it was not a complex plan.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 03:25:01 pm »

I thought he was doing a good job until he decided to quit fighting the terrorists and decided to invade Iraq.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray