Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 03:31:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Biden: Obama Will be 'Tested' by World in First 6 Months of Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Biden: Obama Will be 'Tested' by World in First 6 Months of Administration  (Read 4531 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 03:42:08 pm »

Do you want someone attacking a US interest-+ just to test the new Pres.  Wouldn't you rather them know what the actions will be from the new Pres.?

I don't think anyone's going to attack us BECAUSE Obama is President, if that's what you meant.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 03:48:24 pm »

Do you want someone attacking a US interest-+ just to test the new Pres.  Wouldn't you rather them know what the actions will be from the new Pres.?

Everybody already knows what the reaction of McCain will be if we are attacked by saudi's based out of Afghanistan --- we will invade Iran. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 03:50:30 pm »

Everybody already knows what the reaction of McCain will be if we are attacked by saudi's based out of Afghanistan --- we will invade Iran. 

(Shaking my head)  Thats just wrong Bro.   Roll Eyes Grin

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 05:12:13 pm »

I don't think Biden meant a direct attack on the USA.  I took him to mean testing Obama's resolve if a friend or ally was attacked, such as Russia taking Georgia, China moving to reclaim Taiwan, Iran trying to wipe Israel off the map, or Canada and Australia dueling for leadership of the 2nd world.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 05:14:08 pm »

(Shaking my head)  Thats just wrong Bro.   Roll Eyes Grin

Well, the last time Saudis based out of Afghanistan attacked the USA, Bush invaded Iraq. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pintofguinness14
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 07:22:14 pm »

Given the audience (closed room of Democratic donors) it seems to me that Biden was attempting to compare Obama to Kennedy who was also tested by the Cuban missile crisis. This isn't a big deal.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 07:35:30 pm »

Well, the last time Saudis based out of Afghanistan attacked the USA, Bush invaded Iraq. 
Coming from anyone else this would be a lie.  However, I'm not sure you know any better.

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 07:39:08 pm »

Given the audience (closed room of Democratic donors) it seems to me that Biden was attempting to compare Obama to Kennedy who was also tested by the Cuban missile crisis. This isn't a big deal.
The comment or the reality?

The comment is no big deal.  It's one of those "No shit, Sherlock" type comments.

The severity of reality will depend on Obama's reaction and resolve.   

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 07:44:36 pm »

I know........I kinda saw it too. Good Idea at the time though.

Dphins4me
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 10:10:59 pm »

I don't think anyone's going to attack us BECAUSE Obama is President, if that's what you meant.
US interest is not home land.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 10:30:05 pm »

They might..... as a "let's see what this guy can do" type of thing. 

I've always been under the impression that Democratic presidents were better for the economy, whereas Republican presidents were better for war. 

The only Democratic presidents that I can remember making any type of splash during a time of war are FDR and Truman. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2008, 09:14:03 am »

Depending on what you mean by splash you can add Lyndon Johnson and Woodrow Wilson.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray