Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 10:42:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Baby Bear Shot - Why
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Baby Bear Shot - Why  (Read 4648 times)
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« on: October 21, 2008, 09:04:39 pm »

CULLOWHEE, N.C. – Police at Western Carolina University and wildlife officials were investigating the discovery early Monday of a dead bear cub draped with a pair of Barack Obama campaign signs.

Leila Tvedt, associate vice chancellor for public relations, said Monday night that maintenance workers found the 75-pound bear cub shot to death in front of the school's administration building at the entrance to campus. The Obama yard signs were stapled together and placed over the bear's head, Tvedt said.

The bear had been shot in the head, Tvedt said.

"Western Carolina University deplores the inappropriate behavior that has led to this troubling incident," Tvedt said. "We cannot speculate on the motives of the people involved nor who those people might be. Campus police are cooperating fully with authorities to investigate this matter."

University police called in state Wildlife Resources officials to remove the body and help in the investigation.

Bear season is under way in western North Carolina.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/ap_on_el_pr/obama_dead_bear

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around this one. Why did they hunt and kill the cub?
Those close to me know that I am for bears more than anything in the world. (Particularly the panda variety, but I'm an equal opportunity bear lover!)

ETA:  Once again, I'm embarrased for our country. We must look like a bunch of savages to the rest of the civilized world.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:07:32 pm by Buddhagirl » Logged

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:13:21 pm »

I think they were doing it to impress Sarah. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 09:19:17 pm »

Where's the link?

Oops...

I'd chalk it up to bad eyesight, but i'm just a careless reader.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:07:13 pm by SCFinfan » Logged
GUATARICCAN
YJFF Member
Uber Member

It's DOO DOO baby!!

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:29:45 pm »

Sometimes you gotta shoot something in the face to get your point across.  USA! USA! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:32:27 pm by GUATARICCAN » Logged

AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 09:58:33 pm »

This is sick.... sick sick sick!!!!!
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 10:32:56 pm »

I'm a huge animal rights activist, and this just really made me sad.

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 06:58:46 am »

If I could take these MF'ers and give them a nice little taste of their own medicine I would, I can't stand violence towards any animal, and fucks like these should be beaten to a bloody pulp.

And I  agreed with you up until this part:

ETA:  Once again, I'm embarrased for our country. We must look like a bunch of savages to the rest of the civilized world.

I know you have some strange hatred towards this country, but Buddha, you and I both know this isn't the only place in the world that assholes like these live in. This planet
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 07:08:14 am »

And I  agreed with you up until this part:

I know you have some strange hatred towards this country, but Buddha, you and I both know this isn't the only place in the world that assholes like these live in.

I don't hate this country. Far from it. (I do hate most of the PEOPLE in it. The country itself is fine.) I'm in a business that getst to regularly talk to many people overseas. They're laughing at  us right now. Period.

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 12:12:35 pm »

Not cool at all.  Sadly this may be just the begining to what is gonna be a tough part in this Countries growth no matter who wins.  Indifferent

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 01:24:57 pm »

I wonder if the bear had its gallbladder.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 04:08:11 pm »

I don't hate this country. Far from it. (I do hate most of the PEOPLE in it. The country itself is fine.) I'm in a business that getst to regularly talk to many people overseas. They're laughing at  us right now. Period.

Laughing why? We're still in better shape than most of them and will continue to do so regardless of who becomes president.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 10:41:23 pm »

It sounds to me like a racial deal.  Had to be a black or brown bear.  A couple of necks shoot a bear and throw some signs on it like Obama was the bear.  Either that or just some college kids being dickholes. 

Regardless, I'd be surprised if Obama doesn't get shot since it looks like he'll win the big election and there has already been three(?) attempts on his life.  That's the main reason why he didn't take Hillary as the VP.  She'd have him shot on election day because she has the juice to do it.  How's that for a conspiracy theory?
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 11:05:37 pm »

Of course it would be a black bear. No grizzlies or Polar bears in NC.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 04:56:42 pm »

Of course it would be a black bear. No grizzlies or Polar bears in NC.

Right, but why kill a bear at all?  Why not a deer or something else?  Maybe these dicks watch a lot of Scrubs where Brown Bear is used as a pet name for a Donald Faison's character.  It would be a polar bear if someone wanted to send Palin a message or a lipstick-wearing pit bull.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray