Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 07:53:36 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  "Democrat" former Deputy Attorney General seeking Injunction against Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: "Democrat" former Deputy Attorney General seeking Injunction against Obama  (Read 10491 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:31:11 am »

Interesting read that is sure to be blown off by supporters. The big story weill be if it sticks becuase he won't be eligible to run.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/6524

Philip J. Berg, Esquire, of Pennsylvania filed a lawsuit on Thursday seeking a Declaratory Judgement and Injunction that Barack Obama does not meet the qualifications to become President of the United States. In the lawsuit Berg alleges that Obama is not eligible for the presidency because he is not a naturalized citizen, and/or lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia, and/or has duel citizenship with Kenya and Indonesia.

Berg said that he has filed the suit on behalf of the Democratic Party and citizens of the United States for their best interests. Berg, an attorney with offices in Montgomery County, PA and an active practice in Philadelphia, filed the lawsuit, Berg vs. Obama, Civil Action No. 08-cv-4083, in Federal Court.

In the filing Berg says:

There have been numerous questions raised about Obama’s background with no satisfactory answers. The questions that I have addressed include, but are not limited to:

1. Where was Obama born? Hawaii; an island off of Hawaii; Kenya; Canada; or ?

2. Was he a citizen of Kenya, Indonesia and/or Canada?

3. What was the early childhood of Obama in Hawaii; in Kenya; in Indonesia when he was adopted; and later, back to Hawaii?

4. An explanation as to the various names utilized by Obama that include: Barack Hussein Obama; Barry Soetoro; Barry Obama; Barack Dunham; and Barry Dunham.

5. Illinois Bar Application – Obama fails to acknowledge use of names other than Barack Hussein Obama, a blatant lie.

If Obama can prove U.S. citizenship, we still have the issue of muti-citizenship with responsibilities owed to and allegance to other countries.

Berg goes on to make very direct accusations against Obama, stating that he "lied and cheated his way into a fraudulent candidacy and cheated legitimately eligible natural born citizens from competing in a fair process."

Interestingly, Obama isn't the only one who's citizenship has been questioned in this election. John McCain's citizenship was also questioned because he was born on a military base in the Panama Canal Zone, which is not a US territory.

The full court filings and claims can be found at ObamaCrimes.com, Berg's website. Philip J. Berg is the former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania, former candidate for Govenor and US Senate in Democratic Primaries, former Chair of the Democratic Party in Montgomery County, and former member of the Democratic State Commitee.

This filing comes less than two weeks after an AP photo was revealed of the school register of a child then known as Barry Soetoro, now known as Barack Hussein Obama, whose citizenship was listed as "Indonesian" and whose religion was listed as "Islam." the photo strongly contradicts the Obama camp's claim that he was not a Muslim, and is said to confirm he is a national of at least one other country. The AP has confirmed the authenticity of the photograph.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:38:14 am »

Huh

Why hasn't any of this come out before? They are just Now discovering this? What a bunch of Bullshit.  Indifferent

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 10:03:07 am »

I've been searching this stuff since it was sent to me.

Apparently the DNC had 30 days to submit proof and didn't do it so they "admitted" guilt according to some article.  They instead filed a lawsuit to dismiss.  They have had a month and even longer, according to some, to verify these statements. 

Sadly many people think his return to Hawaii is to tie up lose ends in this investigation.

This appears to have more info ... http://www.ucdailynews.com/politics/opinions/32038384.html

Moreover, even if Sen. Obama could have somehow been deemed "natural born," that citizenship was lost in or around 1967 when he and his mother took up residency in Indonesia, where Stanley Ann Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen.

Berg also states that he possesses copies of Sen. Obama's registration to Fransiskus Assisi School In Jakarta, Indonesia which clearly show that he was registered under the name "Barry Soetoro" and his citizenship listed as Indonesian.

In the suit, the attorney states that the birth certificate on record is a forgery, has been identified as such by three independent document forensic experts, and actually belonged to Maya Kasandra Soetoro, Sen. Obama's half-sister.

If the DNC officers ... had performed one ounce of due diligence we would not find ourselves in this emergency predicament, one week away from making a person the nominee who has lost their citizenship as a child and failed to even perform the basic steps of regaining citizenship as prescribed by constitutional laws."

"It is unfair to the country," he continued, "for candidates of either party to become the nominee when there is any question of the ability to serve if elected."

As of today, 10/21/08- Philip Berg, the Attorney who filed suit against Obama challenging Obamas lack of qualifications to serve as President of the United States, announced today that Obama and the DNC ADMITTED, by way of failure to timely respond to Requests for Admissions, all of the numerous specific requests in the Federal lawsuit.

Obama is NOT QUALIFIED to be President and therefore Obama must immediately withdraw his candidacy for President and the DNC shall substitute a qualified candidate."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 10:09:00 am »

This has been fully investigated a dozen times and is Bullshit.

The media should ignore this guy as much as if I was to file a lawsuit claiming McCain is in eligible to be president because he is in fact an alien from Mars. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:13:55 am »

I'm not sure it has. I mean ... this looks to be a whole lot more than anything I have ever seen and I feel like I have been paying attention. I never knew he ws adopted by his Indonesian father. I've never heard the half sister birth certificate thing. 

It would have to be positively correct to stop the election so they will be moving fast I'm sure.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 10:23:41 am »

Desperation is an ugly thing...

I like this quote...

"In the lawsuit Berg alleges that Obama is not eligible for the presidency because he is not a naturalized citizen, and/or lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia, and/or has duel citizenship with Kenya and Indonesia."

File this under "come back and talk to us when you figure out which charge to make."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 11:24:05 am »

how exactly does someone born in the united states to an american mother "lose" their citizenship by virtue of living in a foreign country ?
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 11:25:18 am »

Hmmm...I wonder if I'm an American citizen. (My birth certificate is quite German.)

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 11:50:18 am »

This should be easily enough discovered.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 12:05:47 pm »

Interestingly, Obama isn't the only one who's citizenship has been questioned in this election. John McCain's citizenship was also questioned

Wouldn't it be funny if neither candidate were eligible?

OK, maybe not, because they are (IMHO) both quite good candidates - certainly better than anything recently... although I suspect neither will accomplish all that much in terms of "change".
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 12:15:07 pm »

author=fyo link=topic=
Wouldn't it be funny if neither candidate were eligible?

Well McCain did spend that 5 years out of the country in a box........... Roll Eyes

pintofguinness14
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 12:35:52 pm »

Here are the facts:

Obama was born in Honululu, Hawaii, making him a "natural born" U.S. citizen.

There is no provision for the U.S. government to take away citizenship once it has been lawfully obtained (either by birth, naturalization, or transmission from a parent).

One may renounce or give up his or her U.S. citizenship by signing a formal declaration at a U.S. embassy or consulate overseas. This cannot be done by a minor and a parent cannot sign on a minor's behalf.

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 01:20:08 pm »

Berg is just trying to work up Obama followers into a froth.  Wink

It would be nice to see this stuff thoroughly and openingly investigated and then dismissed so we don't have to keep reading about it every couple of months.

I thought the issue was the technicality about a person's parent/s having to live in the USA for a certain number of years and half of those after the age of 16.  Apparently, at the time of Obama's birth, his mother was too young to have fulfilled that criteria.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Dphins4me
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 02:15:36 pm »

Why hasn't any of this come out before? They are just Now discovering this? What a bunch of Bullshit.  Indifferent
Its been out, not the first time I've heard they cannot pin down where he was born..  They are not concerned with it.

Nothing will come of it, but can you imagine if it did?
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 02:27:36 pm »

Desperation is an ugly thing...

I like this quote...

"In the lawsuit Berg alleges that Obama is not eligible for the presidency because he is not a naturalized citizen, and/or lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia, and/or has duel citizenship with Kenya and Indonesia."

File this under "come back and talk to us when you figure out which charge to make."

I believe you are allowed to plead claims or defenses in the alternative in the Federal Courts.

(After a quick search.) Yea, I'm right. Look at 8(d)(2): http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/Rule8.htm

It may still be frivolous though.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:31:39 pm by SCFinfan » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray