Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:51:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  So much for the 4th amendment. Think it couldn't happen to you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: So much for the 4th amendment. Think it couldn't happen to you?  (Read 8574 times)
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 11:36:10 am »

Only the lives of cops.  A simple knock on the door of that elderly couple and HIS life would have been saved. 

It's beyond logic when "trained professionals" are so easily confused between elderly and gang-bangers, housewives and druglords.  Most law enforcement mean well, but for some it's nothing more than being drunk with power.  Just like the cop who writes a ticket he knows will be thrown out just to inconvenience some schmoe going to work who now has to take a day off for court.

Why don't you just cut up my post so it serves YOU and your bullshit agenda then? Post my whole quote so its not taken out of context.

Here it is again drama Queen.............

if cops want to keep that privilege they had better do some damn investigating before they knock down the door of an innocent person.

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 03:03:48 pm »

Why don't you just cut up my post so it serves YOU and your bullshit agenda then? Post my whole quote so its not taken out of context.
I quoted the relevant part.   Had the cops "done some damn investigating before they knock down the door of an innocent person" this thread wouldn't exist.

Not confusing the elderly and gangbangers, nor housewives and drug lords is an agenda?  Huh.  Would that be an anti-law enforcement agenda?  So then what's the agenda of people who favor confusing the elderly with gangbangers, and housewives with drug lords?  Pro-law enforcement? 

Are you this easily worked up when on the job or is this where you take out your frustrations?

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 03:57:04 pm »

I quoted the relevant part.   Had the cops "done some damn investigating before they knock down the door of an innocent person" this thread wouldn't exist.

Not confusing the elderly and gangbangers, nor housewives and drug lords is an agenda?  Huh.  Would that be an anti-law enforcement agenda?  So then what's the agenda of people who favor confusing the elderly with gangbangers, and housewives with drug lords?  Pro-law enforcement? 

Are you this easily worked up when on the job or is this where you take out your frustrations?

Look bro......I'm not gonna give you the satisfaction of even getting into this any further. I guess you ran out of Obama crap so your bored?
I know I'm done defending you though.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 04:19:46 pm »

Man, in this sort of situation, if you know that you aren't going to knock, you reeeeeally better make damned sure that you have all the details straight before plowing through the door.

Unlike Maine, I don't own a handgun or rifle of any kind, but if I am awakened in the middle of the night by someone "wrongfully" breaking through my door downstairs, I can guarantee you that I'll have a brace of stingers (3" throwing knives) strapped on and will try to drop a couple of the intruders as they come up the stairs. If they identify themselves as police or swat, then I'll show restraint, but if they don't ID themselves clearly at the start of the situation, I'm definitely coming out throwing.

My point exactly. With all the resources available to LEO's to confirm the identity of suspects and to ensure the right domicile is being targeted, there is no excuse for the murder of an innocent person in a raid. Immunity should go out the window at that point. I had sticter rules of engagement when dealing with possible vbied's and suicide bombers at the checkpoints I ran in Afghanistan than some officers do in this country. I had to make sure there was no doubt it was a hostile before I or my soldiers opened fire, and I had to justify any shooting that took place or face serious consequences.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 05:30:57 pm »

Look bro......I'm not gonna give you the satisfaction of even getting into this any further.
Just because I elaborated/commented on one section of your post? 

I guess you ran out of Obama crap so your bored?
It would take hundreds of posters working 24/7 to scrape the bottom of that barrell.  Politics is the gift that keeps on giving.  Obama's latest appointee was both a congressperson and a lobbyist on the side.  There are so many stories that they aren't even news anymore.     

I know I'm done defending you though.
No worries here.  I'm not an "all or nothing" type of person so I'll keep on posting what I think is right regardless of who agrees or disagrees.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 05:43:40 pm by run_to_win » Logged

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 05:43:19 pm »

I had stricter rules of engagement when dealing with possible vbied's and suicide bombers at the checkpoints I ran in Afghanistan than some officers do in this country.
That's just wrong.  Civilians should hold a lot more responsibility for their actions around soldiers --- especially in the case of a checkpoint where they're fully aware of the soldiers presence.   

I heard stories of Iraqi children wanting to play "soldier" with the GIs there.  The soldiers had to put a stop to it before a mistake was made.  One Lt. drew down on a little boy after the boy put a toy gun to the back of another GIs head.  The kid was just playing but nearly got himself killed.

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 06:51:25 pm »

My point exactly. With all the resources available to LEO's to confirm the identity of suspects and to ensure the right domicile is being targeted, there is no excuse for the murder of an innocent person in a raid. 

I agree 100%.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray