Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 08:31:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  9-1-1 call over fast food. WTF is wrong with people?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 9-1-1 call over fast food. WTF is wrong with people?  (Read 5508 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:36:54 am »

Seriously.  You order chicken nuggets and they're out.  No big deal.  Right?  Order something else.  Or leave. 

But to call 9-1-1?  More than once?

Proof positive that the earth is going to crack open soon and the locust will come...

http://www.wptv.com/content/tcoast/story/McDonalds-out-of-nuggets-woman-calls-police/AqFDuKVxkEKDMopvIc4LWQ.cspx
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:41:45 am by MaineDolFan » Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:55:59 am »

Damn, you beat me to it! I just got done listening to the calls on Smoking Gun.

What a moron. I'd bet that she has alot of rent to own furniture in her house as well, due to her attitude. I used to work in that field, and I'd hear that clueless but over bearing attitude all the time. This woman thinks she has a right to chicken nuggets. If you asked her to show you in the constitution where its written that she has a right to chicken nuggets, she would probably try to answer with some incoherent babbling about everyone having a right to happiness or something stupid like that.

Maybe the new admininstration should look into this.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 09:34:36 am »

There are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to start. Wow.

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:04:56 am »

Customer = ridiculous moron for calling 911 for McNuggets

McDonalds employee = stubborn moron for not giving customer her money back, expecially after the first 911 call.

McNuggets = disgusting in general

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 10:51:54 am »

^^^^

Funny thing is, if she had gone onto the corporate website and complained, she would've gotten a few free meals. 

I love going to Mickey D's for breakfast, but a lot of times, the service is outrageously horrible.  Hence I've complained to corporate several times. 
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 11:35:56 am »

Its the society we are creating. SHEEP. I've been at serious accidents with loss of limbs and people are literally freaking out because we are directing them in a alturnate traffic route. They can't think forthemselves. They call us when a neighbor's lawn sprinkler has put water on  their side of the sidewalk. I ask them.......have you talked to them?  Most people have one of those Blue things in their ears and are so disconnected they don't even know their neighbors first name. Its really sad how Society is evolving.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 12:01:01 pm »

It's equally as sad, however, in the apathy that law enforcement shows some items. 

My house is on a dead end street.  There is another dead end street that veers off to the left as you approach my house, which is the last house on the street.  Two kids were DRAG RACING up my little dead end street (15 mph speed limit, by the way) at 2pm one afternoon and one of the kids lost control of his car around the bend and went smack dab into my land and crushed my mailbox.

The cop was basically like "Um, so?  Talk to the kid's dad" even when approached by an eye witness (one of my neighbors) who told him what happened.  This all occured when I was at work.

Everyone around me, housing wise, have little kids.  That teenager could have as easily lost control of his car and steamed into someone's yard and killed someone instead of my mailbox.

My entire neighborhood popped over to see what the "verdict" was as they were rightfully concerned with two kids drag racing up a dead end street with a posted 15 mph speed limit.  When I told them the officer's reaction about 10 of them stormed into the station house and demanded action. 

The complete and utter sad thing about this?  I did speak to the kid's father and explained what happened and that it was witnessed by one of my neighbors.  It took the kid's father dragging his own son to the station house for the police in my town to summons him.  Thank God his dad was horrified because they weren't going to do anything to this guy.

I don't want a 16 year old to get in a major twist over something stupid.  He's 16.  16 year old kids do dumb things.  But his dumb thing could have been life changing for someone, including him, and there are consequences to actions.  It's pathetic that my local law enforcement was like "yawn.  Oh well."  It's not like they have anything better to do.  I live in a small, sleepy town where this is about the extent of the criminal activity.

So - it goes both ways.

By the way - the kid was written up with a bunch of tickets after the father pitched a fit.  Driving to endanger, reckless conduct and some kind of property damage thing.  He's going to lose his license for a year and pay like $600 in fines.  The kid admitted that he hit about 70 before he lost control of the car, going around a blind turn, and in the wrong lane.  He's lucky that someone wasn't coming home in that line with a kid in the car.

-Voltaire
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 12:44:46 pm »

It's equally as sad, however, in the apathy that law enforcement shows some items. 

My house is on a dead end street.  There is another dead end street that veers off to the left as you approach my house, which is the last house on the street.  Two kids were DRAG RACING up my little dead end street (15 mph speed limit, by the way) at 2pm one afternoon and one of the kids lost control of his car around the bend and went smack dab into my land and crushed my mailbox.

The cop was basically like "Um, so?  Talk to the kid's dad" even when approached by an eye witness (one of my neighbors) who told him what happened.  This all occured when I was at work.

Everyone around me, housing wise, have little kids.  That teenager could have as easily lost control of his car and steamed into someone's yard and killed someone instead of my mailbox.

My entire neighborhood popped over to see what the "verdict" was as they were rightfully concerned with two kids drag racing up a dead end street with a posted 15 mph speed limit.  When I told them the officer's reaction about 10 of them stormed into the station house and demanded action. 

The complete and utter sad thing about this?  I did speak to the kid's father and explained what happened and that it was witnessed by one of my neighbors.  It took the kid's father dragging his own son to the station house for the police in my town to summons him.  Thank God his dad was horrified because they weren't going to do anything to this guy.

I don't want a 16 year old to get in a major twist over something stupid.  He's 16.  16 year old kids do dumb things.  But his dumb thing could have been life changing for someone, including him, and there are consequences to actions.  It's pathetic that my local law enforcement was like "yawn.  Oh well."  It's not like they have anything better to do.  I live in a small, sleepy town where this is about the extent of the criminal activity.

So - it goes both ways.

By the way - the kid was written up with a bunch of tickets after the father pitched a fit.  Driving to endanger, reckless conduct and some kind of property damage thing.  He's going to lose his license for a year and pay like $600 in fines.  The kid admitted that he hit about 70 before he lost control of the car, going around a blind turn, and in the wrong lane.  He's lucky that someone wasn't coming home in that line with a kid in the car.

Is it me or are you taking this out on me?  Do you have a question you would like answered becuase I didn't see one........

i also find it funny that a guy who has no problem showing a C.I.D. badge to Law enforment for special treatment is now bashing them . Maybe you should have flashed it at those kids?   Huh

Just saying............. Roll Eyes

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 12:51:23 pm »

Not taking it "out" on anyone.  Just saying that the erosion of society doesn't begin and end with the civilians walking around. 

Did I say I wanted an answer?  I don't recall asking a question.

You say we're creating "sheep" - which is partially true.  The people charged with "proetecting" those sheep aren't always qualified to do so.  I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to make a statement.

Additionally - if you read my post you would have seen that I wasn't looking for "special treatment" in any form.  I simply didn't want to be hassled by an inner city cop that had nothing better to do.

Since when is it "bashing" by telling a true tale?  A little defensive or what? 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:53:16 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged

-Voltaire
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 12:54:01 pm »

After reading Maine's story, I'd have to say that the kid is lucky to be alive at this point.  He deserves whatever fines and license suspension he gets. 
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 01:05:21 pm »

I have to agree. 

The officers you talk with about crime come across as highly motivated.  Without being too specific, one officer even gave me a verbal tour of the problems in the neighborhood - basically who to watch.   

When you report crime the officer who comes out to take the report acts like a sleepy zombie who'd rather be anywhere else.   

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 01:05:49 pm »

Since when is it "bashing" by telling a true tale?  A little defensive or what? 

Actually it has nothing to do with the OP original post which would have warranted a Lock down by you if it was someone else that posted it.......so your not exactly anyone to bang a drum on abusing Authority Mr C.I.D.  Roll Eyes

That said..........I just realized that this occurred and was handled by my old agency.  I had some great info to add.........but I'm not here to be a punching bag. You guys just burned a great resource for information.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 03:24:38 pm »

Al - I am sure that you are very good at your job. 

I was talking about a specific occurrence in my little town where they literally have nothing else to do...and weren't going to do anything about this situation although they really needed to. 

They tie in together - the decline of the civilian population as well as the authorities that are charged with protecting them.

In YOUR case it sounds like you work in a densely populated area.  You probably have a lot on your plate and need to pick and chose what is worth your time to pursue.  Not the case in my situation.

I wasn't bashing you, and you shouldn't take so much offense to the post.

Feel free to make fun of my little CID badge all you want.  The fact of the matter is that I earned that badge doing things you will never have to do.  I am willing to bet you a 12 pack of your favorite brew that your station house has a handful of military, maybe even CID agents.  Ask them what they've gone through, especially ones that served in Bosnia and DS/DS.  We weren't writing tickets for blown stop signs, that is for sure.

All that said -

.......so your not exactly anyone to bang a drum on abusing Authority Mr C.I.D.  Roll Eyes

How am I "abusing" my authority by making sure I flip open my wallet while in New York City, being pulled over for a bullshit reason, and making sure my badge shows?  Two cops have seen it.  The other was in Detroit.  I didn't do anything wrong in either occurrence, I wasn't pulled over for speeding, I wasn't drunk, I didn't blow a stop sign.  I was driving a rental car and had wandered into bad parts of town and was driving indecisively.  I didn't want to get screwed with.  Oh, I know-cops would NEVER do that.

It's called "protecting yourself."  I'm quite sure if you were pulled over in...say Atlanta...you would be quick to tell the guy you are a cop.  The difference between what I did and what you damn well know you would do is...what?

Did I miss the memo where I signed out my hummer and started pulling over civilians?  We're not on the same page here, 5-0.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 03:30:39 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged

-Voltaire
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 04:12:03 pm »

I am not involved in this thread, just reading.

My opinion is that Maine made no slight to you whatsoever, and any insult you took was of your own doing.  He was just pointing out that it's a two way street.  Citizens AND police need to do a better job.  You happen to be a cop, but this thread has nothing to do with you.

I drink your milkshake!
USO-ORLANDO
Uber Member

1-15 gets no pic!!

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 07:25:10 pm »

I heard this on Howard! It was funny as hell!!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray